Windows 10: Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle

Discus and support Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robin Watson, May 31, 2018.

1. Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle

Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers:

- Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine.
    - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine.

Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT 4.0 LE is prerequisite for using Nearby Sharing, I have been able to (at least) get the respective computer names to pop up in the notification field (Action Center?) on both computers, although it soon disconnects, and no file sharing is possible. I have been through several times to ensure that both computers are set up/paired, and are discoverable by all devices nearby.

I am putting the wavering connection problem down to the Vaio's old-hat BT 2.0.

I'm wondering if by using a BT 4.0 LE dongle in the VAIO, I can enable Nearby Sharing?

While I am aware that NS is not the be-all-and-end-all method, I do like that you can simply right-click on a file and 'Share' it instantaneously, it just appeals to my mentality of doing things (likewise, for sharing webpages). So, I would love to facilitate this on both these (home) computers.

Odd that I am getting a connection (albeit intermittent and non-functional), but after faffing with it for an hour, I don't see it hapnin' capt.

Does anyone have an opinion on the use of a BT 4.0 LE dongle to enable this?

:)

Robin Watson, May 31, 2018
Thema:

Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle

1. Enable Nearby Sharing by using dongle - Similar Threads - Enable Nearby Sharing

2. Problem with signing in to use Nearby share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with signing in to use Nearby share: I wanted to use Nearby Share on my Windows 11 laptop, and it requires me to sign in.But when I click to sign in, it asks me to sign in to a different account, the account which i don't know the password for, and it does not let me choose any other account. Any help is...
  3. Problem with signing in to use Nearby share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with signing in to use Nearby share: I wanted to use Nearby Share on my Windows 11 laptop, and it requires me to sign in.But when I click to sign in, it asks me to sign in to a different account, the account which i don't know the password for, and it does not let me choose any other account. Any help is...
  4. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nearby sharing: Do I nee Windows 10 pro on all pc to use Nearby Sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing/28d5f9e8-7f80-4015-af77-d43297ef97b2
  5. Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing a folder using Nearby Sharing: Is there a way to share a whole folder using Nearby Sharing? I have Windows 10 version 1903. Thanks for any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-folder-using-nearby-sharing/4210765e-90a0-4665-907d-8e4a4a16df64
  6. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  7. Nearby Sharing

Nearby Sharing: I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup: Both PC and Laptop running v.1903. Both are on the...
  8. Nearby Sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nearby Sharing: Is it possible for me to check which files/pics I have shared via nearby sharing? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing/8e5f080b-9b85-4e9c-94d5-18b7c8425b67"
  9. Nearby sharing

Nearby sharing: I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option. Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a prompt from either computer to accept file transfer. I see the device I am attempting to share to and when I select it,...
  10. Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Nearby Sharing by using 4.0 LE dongle: Trying to use the Nearby Sharing feature between the following computers: - Vaio VPCCW series (2010) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), runs fine. - Dell XPS13 (2017) laptop rocking Windows 10 (latest build), of course fine. Oddly, although Microsoft states that BT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use nearby sharing using usb bluetooth dongle