Windows 10: Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge

How to: Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge

How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page in Windows 10

Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

The about:flags page is used to change developer settings and enable experimental features in Microsoft Edge. These experimental features may change, experience bugs, or be removed at any time.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable access to the about:flags page in Microsoft Edge for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable access to the about:flags page in Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "about:flags" page in Microsoft Edge

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Microsoft Edge

3. In the right pane of Microsoft Edge in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Prevent access to the about:flags page in Microsoft Edge policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge about:flags Page using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\MicrosoftEdge\Main

PreventAccessToAboutFlagsInMicrosoftEdge DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Microsoft_Edge_about-flags_page.reg

Download

3. To Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Microsoft_Edge_about-flags_page.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 26, 2016

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Nitescape Win User

Adobe flash Player enable in Microsoft edge

Philip56SC,

Have you gone to the settings in Edge and turned on to use FLASH?

If not, then try that.

Here are the steps. After you have done this, close and re-open Edge.

I really hope Microsoft changes it to an easier way to use Flash in Edge for the future as some pages are simply hard to get Flash to work on them.

Enable Flash Player :

• Click the three dots in the upper right of Edge.

It looks like this "...".

This allows access to the Edge menu.
    • Select the Settings menu item which is usually at the bottom of the list.
    • Scroll down this menu until you see the 'Advanced Settings section' and click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.

For me, this is already enabled yet Flash doesn't play on some web sites.

I tried the lock

Nitescape, Oct 26, 2019
  5. RickC Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Novato Win User
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge  

Thank you Brink,

Appreciate your welcome and your prompt response - I have appreciated your advice on this forum in the past, especially with the registry fix for choosing where to save downloaded files from Edge!

I have checked my Edge settings, and they are as follows:
    • Open Microsoft Edge with new tab page
    • Open new tabs with a blank page

So I can't see any reference to MSN here... it even diverts via this URL if you click on a saved favourite site!

Glad of any further advice or suggestions please.

Novato, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable about:flags Page in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Enable Disable flags

2. Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page: [IMG]Microsoft has been focusing on its Edge browser heavily. As a result, the Edge browser is getting newer features from time to time, such as Bing AI, Video background, etc. In this post, we will show you how to Disable or Enable Video background on Edge’s new Tab page on...
  3. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  4. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  5. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Search Box on New Tab page in Edge: If you want to type in the address bar instead of the search box on the new tab page in Edge browser, you can follow this guide. There are three ways to disable the search box on the new tab page in Edge – using the in-built Edge settings, Group Policy, and Registry Editor....
  7. microsoft edge flags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft edge flags: in edge flags options there is no option to select PlayReady Experimental HEVC option though i have installed HEVC video extension what to do to play HD and 4K videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-flags/e224e893-ec44-421e-9795-4d7066e6c788
  8. The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    The "About:*******" Pages in MS Edge.: Hi, Not sure if I describing what I am looking for correctly. I was told yesterday by a large financial institution, that I need to make changes to the settting listed on the "about:flags" page, accessed by opening a new tab, and typing in "about:flags". A series of...
  9. Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable TCP Fast Open for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid in Windows 10 build 16299.15. [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web...
  10. Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. Personalize and...