Windows 10: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 8, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 18237, Microsoft added an acrylic blur effect to the sign-in screen background. The translucent texture of this transient surface helps you focus on the sign-in task by moving the actionable controls up in the visual hierarchy while maintaining their accessibility.

Starting with transparency effects that would also turn on or off the acrylic blur effect on their sign-in screen background.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18312, Microsoft added a new group policy setting allowing you (administrator) to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect feature on the sign-in screen background for all users without affecting their transparency effects setting.

If you enable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background, users will still have to turn on transparency effects for their account to see it.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Acrylic blur effect on the sign-in screen background

Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background in Local Group Policy Editor
    The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.

1 Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2 Navigate to the key below in the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon

3 In the right pane of Logon in the Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Show clear logon background policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4 Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Not Configured is the default setting

6. To Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7 Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

DisableAcrylicBackgroundOnLogon DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    This is the default setting

.A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_acrylic_blur_effect_on_Sign-in_sceen_background.reg

Download

3. To Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen Background
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_acrylic_blur_effect_on_Sign-in_sceen_background.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 8, 2018
  2. lmod Win User
  3. Compumind Win User

Hi!

Please see this -

Much easier.

*Cool

Compumind, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. NMI
    NMI Win User
  6. Edwin Win User
    Lock screen picture blurs...

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Acrylic Blur Effect on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Acrylic

2. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when it happend but I recently noticed that my taskbar and other Windows menus did not show that nice acrylic effect, they are just black, my taskbar is a bit transparent...I already tried toggeling the switch for transparency effects in the...
  3. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when it happend but I recently noticed that my taskbar and other Windows menus did not show that nice acrylic effect, they are just black, my taskbar is a bit transparent...I already tried toggeling the switch for transparency effects in the...
  4. Windows 10 Acrylic blur effect broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10

blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10: i am NOT computer literate---SO please understand that my issue is with the windows 10 virus as seen here https://winaero.com/disable-blur-sign-in-screen-windows-10/ i have spent 100's of dollars to have this virus 'fix'......and it aint fix....because if its not a...
  6. Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acrylic glass/blur effect missing since KB4601319 on 20H2?: I updated from 1909 to 20H2 a couple weeks ago, and it went fine. Transparency and acrylic effect were working fine. But I just installed a cumulative update today, KB4601319, and when I logged in my taskbar suddenly had like 50% transparency but no blur effect. The start...
  7. Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10: Acrylic effect doesn't work on my machine. I have a laptop running the latest windows 10 version (2004). The visual effects works 1 out of 20 reboots only. Battery saving is OFF, Transparency effects are turned ON in settings and all i get is a transparent tool bar and...
  8. Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10

Fluent design/acrylic effect not working windows 10: Acrylic effect stopped working on my machine since the beginning of 2020. I have a laptop running the latestwindows 10 version 2004 that didn't fixed the issue. The visual effects works 1 out of 10 reboots only. Battery saving isOFF, Transparency effects are turned ON in...
  9. Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar

Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar: Hi, I am using 1903 version of windows 10 just wanted to remove acrylic blur from start menu and task bar to get a clear transparency effect . Thanks....
  10. Disable blur effect - not transparency

Disable blur effect - not transparency: Is there a way in Windows 10 to disable the blur effect but keep the transparency. (I know there was one in the early builds of Windows 10 when Microsoft was testing the blur effect. ) 31621