Windows 10: Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Update Active Hours in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by tracit99, May 14, 2016.

1. tracit99 Win User

Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Windows Update Active Hours in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft.

Starting with active hours. Active hours lets Windows know when you usually use this device. When a restart is necessary to finish installing an update, Windows won't automatically restart your device during active hours.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the active hours feature of Windows Update in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable active hours.

Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

IsActiveHoursEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Update Active Hours
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Update_Active_Hours.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Update Active Hours
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Update_Active_Hours.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

tracit99, May 14, 2016

2. HOW TO GET WINDOWS 10 TO BE STABLE AND WORK THE WAY YOU WANT AND NEED

Fact: If Windows Update (i.e., automatic updating) is disabled (turned off), Windows Defender will NOT auto-update its Definitions every day (or even once-a-week).

========================================

How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates:

How to Prevent Windows 10 From Automatically Downloading Updates

Enable Metered Connection to Delay Windows 10 Updates

http://lifehacker.com/enable-metered-connection-to-delay-windows-10-updates-1723316525

Prevent WU from Restarting Your System During Work Time by Setting Active Hours and Custom Restart Time

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/prevent-wu-restart-active-hours-custom-restart-time/

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 14, 2016
  3. windows 10 activation issue with blank error code slot solution!

When i upgraded my windows to windows 10 it wouldn't activate. Spent 5 hours on phone with reps got transfered twice and the solution that worked was he opened msconfig disabled all
    3rd party software services enabled windows update and network driver and restarted my pc. He ran activation via windows update and presto it activated. Hope this helps and saves people spending hours on phone
    with microsoft.

This might help for other activation errors but my error slot was blank.

gr1mreaper1989, May 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello tracit99, *Smile

After some testing, it appears that this will still enable or disable Active Hours in build 14342, but no longer changes anything in Settings for it.

Brink, May 14, 2016
  5. tracit99 Win User
    Thank you for the clarification Shawn. I over stated my claim that is was not disabled without actually testing. I based my assumption on not seeing a change in Settings.

tracit99, May 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's ok and is perfectly logical to think it doesn't work anymore when the UI is no longer affected. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Active

2. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  3. Enable / Disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable / Disable windows updates: Hello,Referring to tutorial 8013- enable-disable-windows-update.....Using "Wu10Man", you say that after setting it, it can be closed.Using "WAU Manager", this has to run all the time in the background or just when needed ?Answers will be appreciated.Thankswindows 10 pro x64,...
  4. Windows 10 active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 active hours: Hello, I have some pc's that are using the 1607 LTSB windows version. On these machines the maximum number of hours that you can set as active is 12 and I have set the active hours from 8am to 2am.Also I have set the computers to restart every Monday at 5am. However I...
  5. Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without...
  6. Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with...
  7. Enable or Disable Check for Windows Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Check for Windows Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Check for Windows Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Check for Windows Updates in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft has made it easier for Windows Update to keep Windows 10 updated by automatically downloading and installing...
  8. Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Including Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 will automatically download and install drivers in Windows Update when they are available....
  9. Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft. Starting...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Automatic Updates for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 will automatically check for new Windows Updates at the time you have set in automatic maintenance. Windows...