Windows 10: Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows How to Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by WinLatest, May 22, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows

How to Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows

By default, controls and elements use animation in Windows.

Some examples of controls and elements animation are:
    • Slow fade effect of scrollbar arrows
    • Slow fade effect of buttons and tabs on dialog boxes
    • Cyclic pulsating effect on the default button
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable animate controls and elements for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows in Visual Effects Performance Options
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Animations in Windows in Settings
    • Option Three: Enable or Disable Animations in Windows in Control Panel

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows in Visual Effects Performance Options
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type SystemPropertiesPerformance.exe into Run, and click/tap on OK to directly open to the Visual Effects tab in Performance Options

2. Check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) Animate controls and elements inside windows for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Animations in Windows in Settings

*note This option is only available in Windows 10.

This option will enable (check) or disable (uncheck) both Animate controls and elements inside windows and Option One.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Display on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Show animations in Windows for what you want under Simplify and personalize Windows on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Enable or Disable Animations in Windows in Control Panel

*note This option will enable (check) or disable (uncheck) both Animate controls and elements inside windows and Option One.
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Ease of Access Center icon.

2. Click/tap on either the Use the computer without a display, Make the computer easier to see, or Make it easier to focus on tasks link in the Ease of Access Center. (see screenshot below)

3. Check (disable) or uncheck (enable - default) Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible), and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. When finished, you can close the Ease of Access Center if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

WinLatest, May 22, 2018
  2. Shoeboxam Win User

Automatically pick an accent color from background does not work.

After testing 明天的冬瓜's solution, I found that the task bar color only fails to update when the "Animate controls and elements inside windows" option is enabled.

Control Panel> System and Security> System> Advanced System Settings> "Advanced" Tab> Performance: "Settings..."> "Visual Effects" Tab> DISABLE "Animate controls and elements inside windows" check-box

Shoeboxam, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Office disables Windows animations

I've had this problem with Office 2007 and still have it with Office 365 under Windows 10 on different computers. Under certain conditions, opening multiple Office documents stops Windows animations from working, even though Windows settings still shows
    that animations are enabled.

To replicate the problem:

• In an Office document (I've tried it with both Excel and Word) insert a link to another Office document.
    • Follow the link
    • When the linked document opens, Windows animations no longer work - you need to go to Windows' Display settings and turn 'Show animations in Windows' off and back on again to restore animations.
    Note:

• The problem is only apparent when linking from one Office document to another - linking to a PDF file, for example, does not cause this problem.
    • I haven't checked whether ALL animations stop working - the one I've noticed for sure is the animation when switching from one virtual desktop to another.
    Although not a life-threatening bug, this is still an inconvenience.

Moved to: Office/ Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

Mario Camilleri, Oct 27, 2019
  4. MCCZ Win User

How to disable UI animation in Windows 10 Mobile

How can I disable UI animations (like selecting an app from a list, launching an app etc.) in Windows 10 Mobile (10186.11)?

On desktop SKUs of Windows 10, it is in the System control panel - Advanced - Performance, and in the Settings app - Ease of Access - Other options. However, I could not find that setting in Windows 10 Mobile.

Is there a way how to turn it off? My eyes are not happy of these animations (disturbing, needs to constantly refocusing etc.).

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

5. Naresh_K Win User
    Office disables Windows animations

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen when Windows tries to choose performance over display/graphic effects. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Disable hardware acceleration in Office

1. Start any Office program.
    1. On the File tab, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, click Advanced.
    3. In the list of available options, click to select the Disable hardware graphics acceleration check box.

Method 2: Update the graphic drivers: Please follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphic drivers.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. MCCZ Win User
    How to disable UI animation in Windows 10 Mobile

920, but I do not expect it should be phone model specific.

The issue is I could not find a way how to disable animations built in the Windows 10 Mobile UI like "Opening an application", "Returning to Start", "Opening an application from app list", "Returning to app list", "Settings animation", "Resuming background
    app". To better understand what kind of animations I mean see .

Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Animate Controls and Elements Inside Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Animate

2. Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how you can enable or disable Taskbar animation in Windows 11/10. So, let’s check out! Enable or Disable Taskbar Animation in Windows 11/10 To enable and disable animation in the taskbar on your Windows 11 PC, here are the main steps to...
  3. I want to disable a certain animation in Windows 11 but I can only disable all animations....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to disable a certain animation in Windows 11 but I can only disable all animations....: I want to disable the desktop switching animation in Windows 11 but I want to keep all the other animations and only remove this one. How would I do this?...
  4. Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome Starting with Google Chrome 77, you can enable the Global Media Controls experimental flag that adds a Play button to the toolbar of Google...
  5. Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 uses animations in the taskbar. Some examples of taskbar animation are: Slide effect when dragging icons on...
  6. Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing: How to: Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing How to Enable or Disable Animate Windows when Minimizing and Maximizing in Windows By default, Windows will animate (fade and slide) windows when you minimize and maximize them. If you don't...
  7. Enable or Disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Guard Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16232, Controlled folder access is introduced in Windows Defender Antivirus....
  8. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no...
  9. Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  10. Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and help Microsoft make it even better. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Animate controls and elements inside windows