Windows 10: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode

Discus and support Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode How to Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 25, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode

How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode

How to Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode in Windows 10

Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive from any PC, tablet, or phone.

Once you chosen files and folders with your PC.

Starting with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can manually pause syncing of files and folders on OneDrive as needed.

By default, Windows 10 will automatically pause sync when the device is in battery saver mode.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable automatically pause OneDrive sync when in battery saver mode for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode in OneDrive Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode in OneDrive Settings
    1. Click/tap on the OneDrive icon
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode [​IMG]
    in the notification area, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Settings tab, check (enable - default) or uncheck Automatically pause sync when this device is in battery saver mode for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note This setting is only available while you are signed in to OneDrive.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive

UserSettingBatterySaverEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Automatically_pause_OneDrive_sync_when_in_battery_saver_mode.reg

Download

3. To Disable Automatically Pause OneDrive Sync when in Battery Saver Mode
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Automatically_pause_OneDrive_sync_when_in_battery_saver_mode.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If OneDrive is currently running, then close and reopen OneDrive to apply, or sign in to Windows 10 to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 25, 2018
  2. dypsis Win User

Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

OneDrive keeps pausing sync automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?

dypsis, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dypsis Win User

Hi.

I don't want to uninstall OneDrive. I use it.

What I want to do is to stop OneDrive from automatically pausing when it goes into battery save mode.

Surely, MS gives the user an option to enable it or disable it. It is very annoying, and I don't have the time to be messing around re-enabling it manually all the time. I simply want to turn "automatic pause" off.

dypsis, Oct 27, 2019
  4. andywag Win User

Provided I follow the answer you are looking for, left click on the OneDrive icon in the task bar, click on "More", click on "Settings", go to the "Settings" tab, and uncheck the "Automatically pause sync when this device is in battery saver mode".

andywag, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

I gave you exactly the correct answer which has worked for everyone else on your issue. There is no other way to disable OneDrive Pausing in Battery Saver mode except to enable the Notification which always offers a way out. You said nothing about receiving
    this Notification so I assumed you didn't have it set. Instead of interacting with me you gave me a bad rating as though I hadn't taken the time to try to help you with the ONLY answer.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

If you want to complain to Microsoft use the Feedback Hub app in Start Menu where developers are tasked to process consumer feedback. But Microsoft will not even see it here because this is a tech forums where we are mostly volunteers trying to help solve
    your problems.

There's also already feedback started in this location for you to add to:

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913522-on...

If you've enabled the OneDrive Notification and miss it's popup, you can check the Action center at right end of Task Bar which is where Notifications are queued until cleared.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync in Battery Saver Mode - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Automatic

2. How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Battery Saver In Windows 10: One of the things that we can not take for granted is our battery life. If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you may want to use Battery Saver to extend the battery life of your computer. In this article, we are going to see some easy methods to enable or disable Battery...
  3. How to make OneDrive continue syncing when Battery Saver Mode is turned on

in Windows 10 News
    How to make OneDrive continue syncing when Battery Saver Mode is turned on: [ATTACH]You can make OneDrive continue syncing when Battery Saver Mode is turned on. If […] This article How to make OneDrive continue syncing when Battery Saver Mode is turned on first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Power Mode Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Mode Battery Saver: I wanted to know little deep about how battery saver option works and how much energy it saves within an hour considering the laptop is brand new. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-battery-saver/a2c0a78b-544f-45fa-84c9-eca023caaf35
  5. I cannot enable battery saver mode

I cannot enable battery saver mode: Hello there. I have problem enabling Battery saver when I am running my laptop on battery. When I press it it is just nothing happening. Anyway when I navigate to Start -> settings -> system -> battery and click the toggle it turns on. What I have tried so far: 3 reinstalls...
  6. Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable OneDrive Pausing Sync In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing sync automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...
  7. Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable OneDrive Pauses In Battery Saver Mode: OneDrive keeps pausing automatically every time I am running in battery save mode and I have to keep enabling it manually. How do I disable this annoying setting?...
  8. Battery Saver Mode

Battery Saver Mode: Since yesterday, I'm struggling with a error that prevents me from turning off the Battery Saver mode. I'm unable to disable this mode by clicking on the battery icon in the notification area or in the Action Center or directly in the Settings. The Battery Saver mode will...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network: How to: Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync on Metered Network How to Enable or Disable Automatic Pause OneDrive Sync when on Metered Network in Windows 10 Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  10. Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10: How to: Energy Saver Mode - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Energy Saver Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 introduces a new Energy Saver mode power option to help conserve the battery when the battery level reaches a specified...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop Onedrive background synch from draining battery