Windows 10: Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thank you Nick. I have updated the tutorial to include this. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by dgordon42, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

Thank you Nick. I have updated the tutorial to include this. *Smile

Brink, Jun 23, 2017
  2. swarfega Win User

Glad it helped *Biggrin

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Bash on Ubuntu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Bash

2. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  3. SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSH connection From Mac to WSL2 ubuntu bash: Hi there, I enabled ssh connection from a Mac to WSL2 ubuntu following these steps-> https://www.hanselman.com/blog/the-easy-way-how-to-ssh-into-bash-and-wsl2-on-windows-10-from-an-external-machineThe first connection works well, but after terminating the session and start...
  4. how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable swap in windows 10 ubuntu terminal: How can I disable swap in windows10 ubuntu terminal? top - 18:51:22 up 6:30, 0 users, load average: 0.52, 0.58, 0.59 Tasks: 4 total, 1 running, 3 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie %Cpus: 4.1 us, 8.8 sy, 0.0 ni, 86.5 id, 0.0 wa, 0.6 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st KiB...
  5. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  6. Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Ubuntu bash on Windows 10 anniversary update: I have a Windows 10 laptop which has the Anniversary update.I want to install the Ubuntu bash on it.I am on metered connection so I don't wanna upgrade from Anniversary update to fall creator update right now.I saw many sites that i need to turn on devloper mode in update...
  7. Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 - How are you finding it?: Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has installed Bash on Windows 10 yet, and what their experience has been? I see Microsoft are very clear that it is beta software: Bash on Ubuntu on Windows | MSDN I'm keen to try this out as it could be useful for me, but dont want...
  8. Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget...
  9. Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut: How to: Create Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut How to Create a Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10 shortcut [img] Information Microsoft first made investments that improve cmd, PowerShell, and many other command-line tools and developer scenarios. Second Microsoft...
  10. Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of...