Windows 10: Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

The Power icon on the taskbar notification area is your battery level indicator for your Windows 10 device (ex: tablet or laptop).

When you hover over the Power (battery) icon, you will only see a percentage of battery life remaining by default.

When you click/tap on the Power (battery) icon, you will see a percentage of battery life remaining, a link to Battery settings, and a Battery saver action button to toggle on and off.

If you like, you can enable to see the battery life estimated time remaining shown in hours and minutes along with the percentage. The estimated battery life remaining time is calculated and made in real-time, so it can fluctuate wildly.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable showing the battery life estimated time remaining for the Power icon on the taskbar for all users in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable showing the battery life estimated time remaining.

EXAMPLE: Showing battery life estimated time remaining enabled and disabled

Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Show Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_show_battery_estimated_time_remaining_for_Power_icon.reg

Download

Code:
    3. To Disable Show Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_show_battery_estimated_time_remaining_for_Power_icon.reg

Download

Code:
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2018

2. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10  

I tried getting the estimated battery time loaded several times and cannot get it to take. Seems like the registry entry made it ok and the ones that were to be taken out are gone. Did the reboots and all, just no go.
    Any thoughts?

Fisher Mann, Oct 27, 2019
  3. ninja750 Win User

same to me, HP 250 G5

fact is that enabling that voice in the BIOS windows starts reporting battery life ONLY in time and no more in percentage that is odd as you'll never see 100%

best thing is to have both values as shown above, i don't know why windows can not calculate the extimated remaining time with its algorithm

ninja750, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10

Did some research because not getting this to work bugged me and I ended up on an HP Spectre forum. Somewhere around 2015 HP decided the battery time remaining was not accurate enough for people to use and had it Disabled in the BIOS and that's how it remains. The post showed the obvious easy fix in the BIOS back to "Enabled" and my time remaining works perfectly now.

5. Brink Win User

Great news. Thank you for posting back with your solution. *Party

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10  

I understand what you are saying. Just thought that this would be a useful tool when unplugged. What HP left was the battery percentage which is very useful to me. I'll just monitor the time remaining and see how well it does and take in account what is being run at the time. Thx.

Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Battery Life Estimated Time Remaining in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Battery

2. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  3. Battery Report Estimated Battery Life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Report Estimated Battery Life: Been kind of concerned with my Surface Laptop 3's battery life of late since it seems to drain faster than usual. Ran a battery report and saw that it's full charge capacity had dropped to around 39000 mwh with a design capacity of around 45000. Scrolled down to the...
  4. Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Battery Life Estimate so Inaccurate?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imperator_Romulus476 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktag7x/why_is_my_battery_life_estimate_so_inaccurate/
  5. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  6. Battery is showing wrong estimate and time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery is showing wrong estimate and time: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I need help to solve this issue please i could not use my PC thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-showing-wrong-estimate-and-time/eb5b6721-c69f-4ab1-aec2-c5358bcae5aa
  7. Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop: I've purchased a new Dell XPS 13 a week ago, and the battery estimate setting has just been going haywire? It'll show 2 hr 45 min remaining on 95%, then bump it up to 11 hrs at 92%, then it'll drop back down to 3 hours at 90%. I've contacted Dell and they checked that...
  8. How to enable remaining Battery Time in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable remaining Battery Time in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are using a Windows 10 laptop and you want to know how long you can continue to use your computer on battery backup, before you have to charge it, you can edit the Registry and make Windows 10 [...] This post How to enable remaining Battery Time in...
  9. Windows 10 remaining battery life display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 remaining battery life display: My laptop's display of remaining battery life has disappeared from the desktop task bar. How do I return the display to the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-remaining-battery-life-display/e1e54973-b44f-4ef3-88d0-3ac653d544f8
  10. OS battery life hours estimate question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    OS battery life hours estimate question: When off commercial power and on battery, is the 'time remaining' based upon the OS' experience with the installed battery/condition or simply based upon the time a certain spec battery 'should' last without regarding the actual health of the battery? Mark 92822

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remaining battery estimate hp envy