Windows 10: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows How to Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows The date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows

The date and time formats for their account in Windows.

Users can then customize their locale by changing their user overrides (date and time formats).

If you like, you can prevent users from being able to change their date and time formats for their locale. Users will still be able to change their user locale.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable changing date and time formats for specific or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable changing date and time formats.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for Specific Users in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Three: Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Changing of date and time formats enabled and disabled

Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users in Local Group Policy Editor

*note This option will override Option Two.

In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Three below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and Locale Services. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Locale Services, double click/tap on the Disallow user override of locale settings policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for Specific Users in Local Group Policy Editor

*note In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Three below.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and Locale Services. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Locale Services, double click/tap on the Disallow user override of locale settings policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Changing Date and Time Formats
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Changing Date and Time Formats
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users using a REG file

*note This option will override Option Two.

The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Control Panel\International

PreventUserOverrides DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_changing_date_and_time_formats.reg

Download

3. To Disable Changing Date and Time Formats for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_changing_date_and_time_formats.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Oct 27, 2019
  3. edsa0601 Win User
    In the 'Date & Time' settings, the tab 'change date & time' is disabled.

Thanks, Martmcd.

I enabled 'Set time automatically'.

That disabled 'Change date and Time'

I did what you suggested and I could now re-set the correct date.

Thanks a lot.

edsa0601, Oct 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  5. CHANGE DATE @ TIME IN WINDOWS 10

Hi Edward,

You can change the time format to 24 hours in Date and Time settings. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana's search box, please type "Date and Time".
    • Click on Change date and time format.
    • To change the time to 24hr format, in the long and short time options, please click
      HH:MM from the drop down menu.
    • For the date format, please choose dd/mmm/yy format.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Katrina Men, Oct 27, 2019
  6. change of time format in windows 10

Hello,

I hope I can help you today

Open the Control Panel and, in Clock, language and region, click Change date, time or number formats.

In the Formats tab, in Date and time formats, follow these steps:

To change to the 24-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select hh: mm and, in the Long-time drop-down list, select HH: mm: ss.

To change to the 12-hour format, in the Shortcut drop-down list, select h: mm: tt and, in the Long time drop-down list, select h: mm: ss: tt.

Click Apply, and then OK.

regards

MiguelChiappori, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Changing Date and Time Formats in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Changing

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Time and Date Formatting

Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  4. Time and Date Formatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  5. Time and Date Formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to change the time and date format in windows ?

How to change the time and date format in windows ?: Hello Forums members,Before Windows 10 I always had the dd-mm-yyyy date format and time format was set to AM and PM.But since windows 10 I can only choose mm-dd-yyyy / AM - PM or dd-mm-yyyy / 24 hour clock.I want as date form dd-mm-yyyy and time format AM / PM is that...
  7. Date and time format

Date and time format: okay I know this question is about a feature since Windows7 The date format changes for recent files in Explorer and OneDrive and other displays. For example Fri 12:00pm is displayed instead of full display of 10-30-2020 12:00pm. One Drive will display Jan 5 instead of...
  8. Date and Time Formatting

Date and Time Formatting: Is it possible to format cell in Excel, so that if numbers for date or a time are entered, the date is automatically put in correct format? Ex. Today is 10/07/2019. So, if I enter 10719, the date will appear as 10/07/19. Or, if I enter 930, the time will appear as...
  9. Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable Or Disable Change System Time And Date Using Batch file: hi, i want to disable the change time and date in windows ten using batch file, i am using this script to show and hide hidden file Code: @echo off REG ADD "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /V Hidden /T REG_DWORD /D 0 /F taskkill /f /im...
  10. Change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10: How to: Change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10 How to Change Date and Time Formats in Windows 10 If you travel, there may be times you would like to change how the date and time formats are displayed in Windows based on your current location and/or language (user...