Windows 10: Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10

Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and again? How do you copy content across your devices? Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft is addressing that and taking the clipboard to the next level simply press Win+V and youll be presented with a brand-new clipboard experience.

Not only can you can paste from the Sets, which means you can access your clipboard across any PC with this build of Windows or higher.

Roamed text on the clipboard is only supported for clipboard content less than 100 kb. Currently, the clipboard history supports plain text, HTML and image less than 1 MB.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18234, the image size limit has been increased from 1MB to 4MB to accommodate the potential size of full screen screenshots taken on a high-DPI devices.

If needed, you can set a group policy in Windows 10 to allow (enable) or prevent (disable) users from being able to turn on Clipboard History for their accounts on the PC. This policy setting determines whether history of Clipboard contents can be stored in memory.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Clipboard History feature for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Clipboard History.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Clipboard History using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Clipboard History enabled and disabled in Settings

Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and OS Policies. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of OS Policies, double click/tap on the Allow Clipboard History policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Clipboard History for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Clipboard History for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Clipboard History using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

AllowClipboardHistory DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Clipboard History for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Clipboard_History_for_all_users.reg

Download

3. To Disable Clipboard History for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Clipboard_History_for_all_users.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 8, 2017
  2. JimKirk Win User

Cannot Enable Clipboard History in Windows 10 Pro

Here is what is going on. Today I went to check out clipboard history using windows key + V and nothing happened. It didn't give me the popup saying it wasn't on, nor did it show me the history I had.

I went to Start > Settings > System and Clipboard was missing from the choices available.

I checked in gpedit.msc under Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > OS Policies. There was no Allow clipboard history option.

I tried to use the reg file from Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 and even checked the reg key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System) to make sure that there was no AllowClipboardHistory with a 0 setting.

Any help would be great did I perhaps miss something and they went ahead and removed the feature since they had initiated it?

TIA

JimKirk, Oct 27, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  5. clipboard

Hello,

In Windows 10 build 17666 or later, clipboard is available.

Try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Settings.

2. In the Settings app, navigate to System > Clipboard.

3. Under Clipboard, toggle the Save multiple items option to On. This should enable clipboard history on the go.

4. Close Settings app.

You can now press Windows + V keys to view clipboard history.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 27, 2019
  6. Where is the clipboard in windows 10

Did you previously enable the clipboard history feature?

You need to first enable it before you can view clipboard history on Windows 10. Open the Settings app and go to System settings. Select the Clipboard tab, and turn on clipboard history.

TechGuy_82, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Clipboard

2. Can't enable clipboard history

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable clipboard history: Clipboard in Settings shows On, but greyed. Regedit shows 1 for enabled. Gpedit.msc shows enabled for Allow. Winkey + V shows nothing at all. No big deal, but I wonder what's going on. 21H1 10Pro 183301
  3. I can't enable my clipboard history

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't enable my clipboard history: I've been trying to enable my clipboard history for the past hour, and I haven't been able to. It says "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization", but this is my personal computer and I have no idea why it says that. I've tried everything that has...
  4. How to enable or disable PIN History on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable PIN History on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The PIN is a very powerful authentication medium on Windows 10. It helps in faster log in into a Windows 10 computer. Windows 10 can store from a minimum of 0 to a maximum of 50 PINs. This can lead [...] This post How to enable or disable PIN History on...
  5. Trying to enable Clipboard History but the option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to enable Clipboard History but the option is missing: According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4464215, To turn your clipboard on for the first time, select Windows logo key + V, and then select Turn on. However, nothing happens when I do Win-V. Moreover, the Clipboard settings window at Settings > System >...
  6. Cannot Enable Clipboard History in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enable Clipboard History in Windows 10 Pro: Here is what is going on. Today I went to check out clipboard history using windows key + V and nothing happened. It didn't give me the popup saying it wasn't on, nor did it show me the history I had. I went to Start > Settings > System and Clipboard was missing from the...
  7. Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things...
  8. Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with...
  9. Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable PIN History in Windows 10 [img] Information PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services. One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to the...
  10. Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable File History in Windows 10 [img] Information File History was first introduced in Windows 8, and has been improved in Windows 10. You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable or Disable Clipboard History in Windows 10