Windows 10: Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Color Filters Win+Ctrl+C Hotkey in Windows 10 Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Color Filters Win+Ctrl+C Hotkey in Windows 10

Starting with color filters at the system level, including filters designed to make it easier for people with color blindness to differentiate between colors like red and green and to make it easier for people with light sensitivity to create and consume content.

Starting with Win+Ctrl+C hotkey used to toggle color filters on and off. This was added to help reduce accidental invocation of this hotkey.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the color filters Win+Ctrl+C shortcut key for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Settings
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Color filters on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ColorFiltering

HotkeyEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Color Filters Hotkey
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_color_filters_hotkey.reg

Download

3. To Disable Color Filters Hotkey
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_color_filters_hotkey.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 31, 2017
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Nikhar_K Win User
    Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Color Filters

I have red-green colorblindness (green weak) and am wondering this:

When I enable the corresponding color filter, am I seeing roughly the same colors non-colorblind people would see without the color filter enabled?

Or do the filters only serve the purpose of helping me tell between red and green in the cases where I couldn't normally?

Thanks in advance.

julgardner, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Color Filters Hotkey in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Color

2. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10: I recently purchased a keyboard that comes with a 'hyper' key, which counts as a combination of alt+shift+ctrl+win and is used as a modifier key. Unfortunately, Windows seems to think that's the key combination to open Office, and even though I don't have Office installed on...
  3. Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Office hotkey in Windows 10: I recently purchased a keyboard that comes with a 'hyper' key, which counts as a combination of alt+shift+ctrl+win and is used as a modifier key. Unfortunately, Windows seems to think that's the key combination to open Office, and even though I don't have Office installed on...
  4. Color profile/filter enabled and can't remove

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Color profile/filter enabled and can't remove: Hello, I tried the customization forum, but had no luck, so I am trying here. Yesterday, I noticed there were some extra windows updates that involved my monitor (viewsonic xg2530) and processor (Ryzen 5 3600). I also may have updated the graphics card (GTX 1080). After my...
  5. Color profile/filter enabled and can't remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Color profile/filter enabled and can't remove: Hello, I tried the customization forum, but had no luck, so I am trying here. Yesterday, I noticed there were some extra windows updates that involved my monitor (viewsonic xg2530) and processor (Ryzen 5 3600). I also may have updated the graphics card (GTX 1080). After my...
  6. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You can enable or disable the SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10 using Windows Security or Registry Editor. SmartScreen is, it is […] This article Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Store apps in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. How to enable and use Color Filters for Colorblind users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Color Filters for Colorblind users in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users of the Windows 10 operating system are visually impaired or colorblind, so the question is, how can we help those people to have […] This article How to enable and use Color Filters for Colorblind users in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Windows 10 Color Filter modification?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Color Filter modification?: Hi is there an option to make the windows 10 color filter only invert Black, White and Grey, but leaves true Colours the same? Cause it's a pain to read PDFs with white Background, inverting helps a lot, but the colors are inverted too....
  9. Custom color filters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  10. Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable SmartScreen Filter for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...