Windows 10: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Dinmiller, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Dinmiller Win User

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

You can improve the computer's ability to recognize spoken words by allowing Speech Recognition to review documents and email in your search index. Speech Recognition will learn words and phrases to better understand you when you speak.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Speech Recognition to review documents and email to improve accuracy for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Speech Recognition icon.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced speech options link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the Speech Recognition tab, check (enable) or uncheck (disable - default) Review documents and mail to improve accuracy for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. You can now close the Speech Recognition control panel if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Speech\Preferences

EnableDocumentHarvesting DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Document Review for Speech Recognition
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_document_review_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_document_review_for_Speech_Recognition_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Dinmiller, Jul 3, 2015

2. Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options

OK, I have checked the box in Speech Recognition User Settings ”Review documents and mail to improve accuracy”. So, what does Windows now do? Does it just go through all my documents, etc. to find words? Or does it review as I speak. I.e., what triggers the actual 'review'?
    Thanks

retexan599, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options

Hello John, *Smile

It allows Speech Recognition to automatically review documents and e‑mail (included in the search index) on your computer for commonly used words and phrases. This can help improve recognition accuracy.

Basically, it helps to add more words and phrases for it to reference when you speak.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Advanced Speech Options

I think I 'get that'...but when does it do this? Did it do it at the moment when I checked the box? Is it ongoing, etc.? Just trying to figure out if it is helping.

retexan599, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Speech recognition errors

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query regarding speech recognition on the software you are using for Speech Recognizer. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How many language packs are installed and enabled on your computer and what are they?

• Does this happen with all the language packs in the computer?

• What are the recent changes that you have made to the computer prior to this issue?

• Did you try any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?
    The issue might be due to settings on your computer. Let’s refer to the following suggestion and check the issue status.

Refer to these steps and check the issue status.

• Press Windows and X keys together.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Open Control Panel then Speech Recognition Options.

• In the upper right of the Speech Recognition Option window click
      Advanced Speech Options.

• Remove the checkmark next to, ‘Allow computer to review your documents’.

• Click Apply and click OK
    Refer below article to Use Speech Recognition:

Voice recognition in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-voice-recognition-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User

If you like, you can also manually add words to the speech recognition dictionary when it has trouble understanding them. During this process, you can include to record a pronunciation of the word to make it better understood.

*Arrow Add, Delete, Prevent, and Edit Speech Dictionary Words in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Document Review for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Document

2. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  3. Disabling speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling speech recognition: I want to disable Speech Recognition from starting on my computer. Can you give me instructions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-speech-recognition/ddd331ca-28cb-41cc-aca4-f68c17b4639b
  4. Enable online speech recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable online speech recognition: @Brink. There is a tutorial at Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 which shows how to enable and disable online speech recognition. Given your tutorial was written December 2018 I'm going to assume it applies to 1809, which is good, since that's the...
  5. Disable speech recognition functions but stay on?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable speech recognition functions but stay on?: Hi. I wrote a C# program where I can send keystrokes to Firefox. I can say "next" and have it send the right arrow key and "back" to send left for reading online. Problem is, speech recognition must have a bunch of functionality with built in commands because a lot of times...
  6. Can't enable speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't enable speech recognition: I am unable to enable speech recognition. Can you help me? I got an error message saying that Speech Recognition could not start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-speech-recognition/aebf33f1-10bf-4849-9b06-1d5f04c23a0b
  7. How to disable Speech Recognition feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Speech Recognition feature in Windows 10: [ATTACH] In this post, we will walk you through the process of disabling Speech Recognition in Windows 10 v1809. Speech Recognition is a technology which is used for controlling computers using voice commands. With Speech Recognition you can say commands that [...] This post...
  8. Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Speech Recognition Voice Activation in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Voice Activation for Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without...
  9. Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a...
  10. Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When talk to Cortana and other apps that use Windows cloud-based speech recognition. Microsoft will use your voice data to help improve...