Windows 10: Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

Discus and support Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics How to Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

How to Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint.

For more information about Windows Hello, see:
    By default, users with a elevate UAC permissions using biometrics unless disabled via policy.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable allowing domain users to sign in to Windows 10 using biometrics.

*note This policy will not effect local users to sign in using biometrics.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable allowing domain users to sign in using biometrics.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics

Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Biometrics in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow domain users to log on using biometrics policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics [​IMG]

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics\Credential Provider

Domain Accounts DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_domain_users_to_sign_in_using_biometrics.reg

Download

3. To Disable Domain Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_domain_users_to_sign_in_using_biometrics.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 9, 2016
  2. CPinnegar Win User

How do I re-enable PIN + Fingerprint sign-in for domain PCs?

A previous GPO tech set these to be disabled by default and I can't figure out how to re-enable. The options stay greyed out no matter what I try. I don't want to remove the settings to disable from the default policy so I have created an additional GPO for certain PCs to have it enabled and I'm just trying to find all of the settings to get this working again for the approved users.

This is what I have set currently...
    In Computer -> Policies -> Admin Templates:
    System/Logon -> Turn on PIN sign-in = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow domain users to log on using biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow users to log on using biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Biometrics -> Allow the use of biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work -> Use biometrics = Enabled
    Windows Components/Microsoft Passport for Work -> Use Microsoft Passport for Work = Enabled

Any suggestions are most welcome Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics :)

Thanks

CPinnegar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

Cant enable windows hello with fresh install of anniversity upgrade on domain account

Hello,

as the title said.

it was working fine with earlier version of windows 10, but with the new upgrade its not possible.

local account working fine.

what i tested:

copied new admx from the win 10 anniversitey upgrade install to gpo policy store.

enabled the following gpos for my computer + user account:

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Allow users to select when a password is required when resuming from connected standby
    Disabled

Show first sign-in animation
    Disabled

Turn off picture password sign-in
    Enabled

Turn on convenience PIN sign-in
    Enabled

Windows Components/Biometricshide

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Allow domain users to log on using biometrics
    Enabled

Allow the use of biometrics
    Enabled

Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Enabled

Windows Components/Windows Hello for Businesshide

Policy
    Setting
    Comment

Use a hardware security device
    Enabled

Use biometrics
    Enabled

Use Windows Hello for Business
    Enabled

but still, its like the gpo doesn1T even applied, picture login enabled, rest is disabled.

I'm missing something ? or there is an issue with the admx file ?

Thanks

Akos TOTH_LBH, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Biometrics (facial recognition) not working on domain - driving me crazy!

Hi,

It is a Creative Labs BlasterX Senz3D webcam which works fine with the Intel SR300 drivers.

I have tried removing the computer from the domain, at which point the webcam works perfectly for facial recognition. So that rules out the webcam being the cause of the problem. When I re-join the computer to the domain, it refuses to work for facial recognition
    although of course does continue working in things like Skype etc and all three drivers (Depth, RGB, Virtual) continue to show up in Device Manager.

I have tried turning on the following settings: in Group Policy:

Computer/AdministrativeTemplates/System/Logon/Turn on PIN sign-in

Computer/AdministrativeTemplates/WindowsComponents/Biometrics/Allow the use of biometrics

Computer/AdministrativeTemplates/WindowsComponents/Biometrics/Allow users to log on using biometrics

Computer/AdministrativeTemplates/WindowsComponents/Biometrics/Allow domain users to log on using biometrics

Each time I have enabled these, I have done both a gpupdate /force and also a full reboot of the computer. I have never been able to get past the stage where the "Windows Hello Setup" grey dialog box comes up and then goes away after 7-8 seconds without
    displaying anything further.

Thank you.

Jeremy_Gelber, Oct 27, 2019
  6. biometric devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Enable Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default. However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates Windows Components Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
    Select enable option and click on Apply and
    OK button.

Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided below.

After restarting the computer, I suggest you to disconnect and reconnect the fingerprint sensor device and check if the drivers are getting detected in Device Manager. If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the method 3 and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

Method 3:

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

1. Enable or Disable Domain Users Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Domain

2. Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or Enable Domain Users Sign in using Biometrics on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Windows 10 supports the use of Biometrics. It already supports PIN, Password and Picture Password on all computers, but given the proper hardware, Windows 10 also supports facial scanning, Iris scanning as well as fingerprint scanning. You can find these [...] This...
  3. Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10: How to: Enable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Show Local Users on Sign-in Screen on Domain Joined Windows 10 PC A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single...
  4. Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.: Having trouble disabling pin sign on for our domain joined machines. it just doesn't seem to work, I have tried using the registry tweak and GPO policy. Can someone help please?*Confused*Confused Firaz 53995
  5. Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10 Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint. For more...
  6. Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics: How to: Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics How to Enable or Disable Users to Sign in to Windows 10 using Biometrics Windows Hello biometrics lets you sign in to your devices, apps, online services, and networks using your fingerprint....
  7. Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device: How to: Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device How to Enable or Disable Users to use Companion Device to Sign in to Windows 10 Users can use a sign in to a desktop computer running Windows 10. The companion device provides a second factor of...
  8. Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10: How to: Disable Domain Users to Sign in with Picture Password to Windows 10 [img] Information If you like, you can sign in to your account on a Windows 10 PC using a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password...
  9. Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services....
  10. Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a hidden console mode that can be used to replace the default lock, sign-in, welcome, and shutdown graphical UI screens with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ad allow users to use biometrics