Windows 10: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Well you don't have to use the disk from Toshiba to do a clean install, you can download the ISO from Microsoft and do a clean install, and this will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mcmtpopp Win User

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

D/L it. Can't run it. Did try the reset ... I should be able to get Win10 activation key from my microsoft.com registered acct. Will try that too.

mcmtpopp, Dec 22, 2015
  2. mcmtpopp Win User

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to run the Media Creation Tool.

Can't download ISO file either because I can't use the Media Creation Tool as the Administrator because no Administrator exists.

Since laptop has only been up and running since last Friday, tried to recover, but it wants a password that doesn't exist.

I am so PO.
    *Mad

mcmtpopp, Dec 22, 2015
  3. OldMike65 Win User
    wrong ISO......download the ISO from Tech Bench, that link I gave you has 2 different choices!!! Don't use MCT link. Then burn iso to your usb stick or DVD.....

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

showkey will show you your activation key.....write it down just incase you need it for reinstalling windows, also make sure you download right version of your windows 10 either home or pro 64 bit/32 bit

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    On not knowing your password on your new laptop, you should be able to call Toshiba and get tech support for free, seeing how your laptop is new.....did you try calling them?

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  6. mcmtpopp Win User
    Can not use ShowKey ... only admin can install software. No Admin acct.
    Can not use ISO ... setup Media Tool. Only admin can install software acct. No admin acct.

Will be calling Toshiba next. Need more coffee first.

Nothing is working. Nothing. 15 years of tech knowledge and I've got nothing.

mcmtpopp, Dec 22, 2015
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok Marti, I'll be around if I can be of any more help. I am on my 3rd cup already. *Smile Toshiba SHOULD be able to help. I don't know how good their tech support is, I just figure they should be able to help you out. Maybe one of their tech's can log in by remote access and do the needed repairs.

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  8. mcmtpopp Win User

I'm thinking about del the entire directory for the only user names I have (one to connect to Microsoft and the other a Local and perhaps create an admin dir which will force it (hopefully) to make me create a new password and actually create the Admin user. Or I could be locked out permanently.

Hmmm ... think I'll call Toshiba first! LOL

Been up since 3 am this time. Need to walk away. Just walk away!

Thanks.

Marti

mcmtpopp, Dec 22, 2015
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    I DO understand Marti, as I know how computers can drive a person nuts, trust me, I know. Good idea to take a break. Would love it if you could report back later....with either good news or bad......lots of other folks on here that I KNOW can help you IF Toshiba can't. Always more than one way to solve problems. Deleting user names would worry me a lot thou. I would not try that....*Smile

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Marti, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through.

When you tried OPTION FOUR, did you boot from a Windows 10 installation USB to open a command prompt at boot from?

Brink, Dec 22, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    From what I found out after chatting with Marti, he doesn't seem to have any Windows 10 installation disk Shawn.
    Also can't make one, because he has no admin rights. Far as I know now, he is trying to contact Toshiba tech support to see if they can help him. Brand new laptop, so I'm thinking they should help him out for free.

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 22, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Darn it Shawn, I never thought to ask Marti that question!! He will be back at some point thou.

OldMike65, Dec 22, 2015
  14. wbhworld Win User
    hello, I have tried the first three options listed here to Remove Administrator Account from log in screen but after I restart the Admin account option is still there, at one time the log in screen was showing two Admin accounts and my own account made at set up. I don't know any more how, but I managed to delete one of the two Administrator accounts, (probably using above mentioned methods) I was having sleep/wake problems and that is why I decided to delete admin accounts, I don't know if this was the solution but sleep/wake problems seem to have gone? all help appreciated for deleting Admin account, thanks.

wbhworld, Jan 11, 2016
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello wbhworld, *Smile

This tutorial will only affect the built-in Administrator account, and not normal user accounts that are administrators.

You would want to have at least one administrator account on the computer to be able to perform any actions that require administrator rights (ex: "Run as administrator).

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Elevated

2. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10: This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from...
  3. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy: I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use....
  4. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  5. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  6. Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account

Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account: So I have an old admin account on my computer, that I dont remember the password for because I haven't used it in over a year. I started using my administrator account and when I upgraded to win10, it automatically disabled my administrator account and now i can't login to...
  7. Administrative account disabled

Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...
  8. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...
  9. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...
  10. Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable User Accounts in Windows 10 User accounts help control which files and apps each person can use and what changes they can make to the PC. If you have a user account that you want to make...