Windows 10: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Yeah ive clicked on it and it comes up with: Choose an option •Continue •Use a Device •Troubleshoot •Turn off your PC Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Yeah ive clicked on it and it comes up with: Choose an option
    •Continue
    •Use a Device
    •Troubleshoot
    •Turn off your PC

InfiniteAlpha, Dec 16, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

From there, select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Command Prompt.

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  3. I've done that however it comes up with my user and asks me to enter my password for this count, but I had a pin password and all of my usual passwords don't work, I have reset the password and that one doesn't work either

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

In that case you'll need to get a USB flash drive to create a Windows 10 installation USB or recovery drive to boot from instead to be able to enable the built-in Administrator without requiring you to enter your password. *Sad

You can get a 8GB USB flash drive pretty cheap these days from any electronics retailer.

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  5. Ok I'll see if I'll be able to get one hopefully tomorrow after that I'll create the the windows 10 installation, since I can't login on this PC, am I able to create it on another computer?

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, you sure can. I'll be here when you're ready. *Smile

Brink, Dec 16, 2016
  7. Hey back again I've created a windows 10 USB now how do I use it to get into command prompt? I went through use a device and got up the command prompt, however I got stuck on option 5 can't find config anywhere for some reason

InfiniteAlpha, Dec 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You may not be using the correct drive letter for the Windows drive if you're not seeing the Windows\System32\config path. The Windows drive letter at boot is not always "C" like while in Windows.

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  9. Do I still go through option 6 then boot from the USB?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, you would want to boot from the USB, then do Option Four on the first page here.

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  11. Ok done all but part 14 my screen is showing I'm on windows setup how do I get back to step 14?

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, did you already press Shift+F10 on Windows Setup screen to open a command prompt, and do steps 2-13 in Option Four on the first page here?

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  13. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

I did option 6 then Went into my USB drive from there and did Option four steps 2-13

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you have a Windows 10 installation USB, you would want to do step 1 instead option 6. If you were able to successfully do all of steps 2-13, then all you need to do now is boot to Windows.

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  15. Ok I just turned of PC and turned back on and the administrator was underneath username, pressed it and it's opened into safe mode, how do I now get out of safe mode so I can get my computer back to how it was?

Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Elevated

2. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10: This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from...
  3. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy: I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use....
  4. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  5. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  6. Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account

Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account: So I have an old admin account on my computer, that I dont remember the password for because I haven't used it in over a year. I started using my administrator account and when I upgraded to win10, it automatically disabled my administrator account and now i can't login to...
  7. Administrative account disabled

Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...
  8. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...
  9. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...
  10. Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable User Accounts in Windows 10 User accounts help control which files and apps each person can use and what changes they can make to the PC. If you have a user account that you want to make...