Windows 10: Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 How to Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

How to: Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

How to Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 [​IMG]
    Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites render using a modified browser configuration that’s designed to emulate either Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8, avoiding the common compatibility problems associated with web apps written and tested on older versions of Internet Explorer.

If Enterprise Mode is enabled for IE11, users will be able to turn on or off Enterprise Mode for websites in only their accounts in Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.

Enterprise Mode includes the following features:
    • Improved web app and website compatibility. Through improved emulation, Enterprise Mode lets many legacy web apps run unmodified on IE11, supporting a number of site patterns that aren’t currently supported by existing document modes.
    • Tool-based management for website lists. Use the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager to add website domains and domain paths and to specify whether a site renders using Enterprise Mode. Download the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.2) or the Enterprise Mode Site List Manager (schema v.1), based on your operating system and schema.
    • Centralized control. You can specify the websites or web apps to interpret using Enterprise Mode, through an XML file on a website or stored locally. Domains and paths within those domains can be treated differently, allowing granular control. Use Group Policy to let users turn Enterprise Mode on or off from the Tools menu and to decide whether the Enterprise browser profile appears on the Emulation tab of the F12 developer tools.Important
      All centrally-made decisions override any locally-made choices.
    • Integrated browsing. When Enterprise Mode is set up, users can browse the web normally, letting the browser change modes automatically to accommodate Enterprise Mode sites.
    • Data gathering. You can configure Enterprise Mode to collect local override data, posting back to a named server. This lets you "crowd source" compatibility testing from key users; gathering their findings to add to your central site list.
    For more information about Enterprise Mode for IE11, see:

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) for all users on your Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 PC.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable Enterprise mode for IE11.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Enterprise Mode Enabled for Internet Explorer 11

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer

3. In the right pane of Internet Explorer in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Let users turn on and use Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (disable) or step 6 (enable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Enable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. If Internet Explorer is open, then close all instances of Internet Explorer to apply when you open Internet Explorer next.

8. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode

Enable DWORD

<Delete DWORD> = Disable Enterprise Mode
    <Add DWORD> = Enable Enterprise Mode

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Enterprise_Mode_for_IE11.reg

Download

3. To Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Enterprise_Mode_for_IE11.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Internet Explorer is open, then close all instances of Internet Explorer to apply when you open Internet Explorer next.

8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11

Source: Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11 - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 work better

Source: How Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 work better together in the Enterprise | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Arul_D Win User
    Issues with enabling cookies in Internet Explorer 11

Hello,

Before proceeding could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “but the program seems to doubt it” what exactly are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

• What are the steps you have followed to allow cookies?
    I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned In the article to allow Cookies and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

Delete and manage cookies

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Smittychat., Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Enterprise

2. I enabled S mode successfully in Windows 11 Enterprise in S mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I enabled S mode successfully in Windows 11 Enterprise in S mode.: On 17th May 2023, I want to test whether S mode can be enabled in Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 build no 22621.1702. But the test is successful, I added the registry key Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 build no 22621.1702. after restarting Windows os, Edition is changed to Windows 11...
  3. I enabled S mode successfully in Windows 11 Enterprise in S mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I enabled S mode successfully in Windows 11 Enterprise in S mode.: On 17th May 2023, I want to test whether S mode can be enabled in Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 build no 22621.1702. But the test is successful, I added the registry key Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2 build no 22621.1702. after restarting Windows os, Edition is changed to Windows 11...
  4. How to enable Internet Explorer Mode in new Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Internet Explorer Mode in new Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge browser includes built-in support for Internet Explorer. As a result, it has now become possible to load the internal websites within Microsoft Edge. All you must do is enable Internet Explorer Mode in the new Microsoft Edge. Enable [...] This...
  5. Internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Internet explorer 11: Internet explorer is not installed on my devices and icloud will only sync bookmark etc. with this and not the edge browser. Where can I find this download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-11/3fd9abe4-4ce3-42e3-9e63-85a391e39ab9
  6. Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11: I uninstalled IE 11 after it ceased being accessible from my Windows10 laptop. I was not able to reinstall using any method. Is there a fix for this? Scotty...
  7. Game Mode notification disable/enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Mode notification disable/enable: Hi , i have problem in wow , i read about turn off game mode and uncheck game notification but here is the problem , idk why in my option then Game , no appear game notification for disable or enable ?? Also in my option dont appear the Broadcasting is fresh...
  8. Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11: VBScript is deprecated in Internet Explorer 11, and is not executed for webpages displayed in IE11 mode. However, for backwards compatibility, VBScript execution is currently still permitted for websites rendered in legacy document modes. This was introduced as a temporary...
  9. Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11: How to: Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 How to Turn On or Off Enterprise Mode for Websites in Internet Explorer 11 [img] Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites...
  10. Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable: How to: Internet Explorer Edge Mode - Enable or Disable How to Enable or Disable Internet Explorer Edge Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information In August 2013, Microsoft announced that document modes would be deprecated starting with Internet Explorer 11. Any websites...