Windows 10: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

Discus and support Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store.

If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode.

Allow in incognito is turned off (disabled) by default for extensions.

This tutorial will show you how to enable and disable allow in incognito mode for extensions in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note If an extension has been turned off, it will not be available in incognito mode (even if you have turned on (enable) allow in incognito) until the extension is turned on.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Allow in Incognito for Extension in Google Chrome from Extension's Icon
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Allow in Incognito for Extension in Google Chrome from Extensions Page

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Allow in Incognito for Extension in Google Chrome from Extension's Icon
    1. Open Google Chrome.

2. To the right of the address bar, look for the icon of the extension you want to turn on or off allow in incognito. Right click or press and hold on the icon, and click/tap on Manage extensions. (see screenshot below)

*note The extension's icon will only be available if the extension is currently turned on (enabled).

Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome [​IMG]

3. Turn on (enable) or off (disable) Allow in incognito for what you want for this extension. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Allow in Incognito for Extension in Google Chrome from Extensions Page
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    button, click/tap on More tools, and click/tap on Extensions. (see screenshot below)

*tip If you like, you could also enter chrome://extensions into the address bar of Chrome and press Enter to directly open to the Extensions settings.

3. Click/tap on the Details button for the extension you want to enable or disable allow in incognito. (see screenshot below)

4. Turn on (enable) or off (disable) Allow in incognito for what you want for this extension. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July

Source: Protecting private browsing in Chrome

Tip How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July

Source: Protecting private browsing in Chrome

Tip How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. DDev_37 Win User

GPO is not applying in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

My Laptop is used by a child user. So I wanted to control the user account by using group policy editor.

• I wanted to disable Inprivate window in Microsoft Edge and Incognito mode in Google chrome.
    • I wanted to install an extension Blocksi in Chrome without the knowledge of the child.
    But GPO is not applying in both.

I did tried gpupdate in cmd as administrator.

I was able to disable Inprivate window using regedit.msc. But not in chrome.

Need an expert help.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

DDev_37, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Gowrish_S Win User
    Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Google chrome extension

Hello Matthew,

The Skype extension for Google Chrome allows you to use certain functionality of Skype while browsing the web with Google Chrome. With the Skype extension enabled, you can quickly access Skype for Web and Share on Skype through your browser as an example.

For more information regarding the Skype extension for Google Chrome, please visit:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34612/what-i...

I hope this helps, let us know if you require any further assistance. Thank you.

BravoMan21, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Extensions

2. Google Chrome Extensions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  3. Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July: Chrome’s Incognito Mode is based on the principle that you should have the choice to browse the web privately. At the end of July, Chrome will remedy a loophole that has allowed sites to detect people who are browsing in Incognito Mode. This will affect some publishers who...
  4. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  5. Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Always Force Guest Mode in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your...
  6. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  7. Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Single Tab Mode in Google Chrome This tutorial is no longer valid in Google Chrome 78 In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable an experimental flag called Single-tab mode. When...
  8. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...
  9. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...
  10. Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Strict Site Isolation Mode in Google Chrome [img] Information Google introduced a new experimental Strict site isolation mode feature in Google Chrome 63. Google’s site isolation feature improves security for Chrome browser users. When you...