Windows 10: Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console Window in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by GuyInDogSuit, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console Window in Windows 10

A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications.

For example: Linux

When you select and copy lines of text in a console, it will include wrapping lines instead of being rectangular by default.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable line wrapping selection in a console window (ex: command prompt, PowerShell, Linux) for your account in Windows 10.

*note When you enable or disable line wrapping selection for a console window, it will only be applied to the specific console window shortcut that opened it.

For example, command prompt opened via Win+X menu VS Run (Win+R) dialog. Each location would have its own settings.

EXAMPLE: Line wrapping selection enabled and disabled in a console window

Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open a Linux console window you want to enable or disable line wrapping selection for.

*note You could also just directly right click on the console window shortcut or file, click/tap on Properties, and go to step 3 below.

2. Right click or press and hold on the title bar of the console window, and click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Options tab, check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) Enable line wrapping selection for what you want under the Text Selection settings, and click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the console window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 10, 2017

2. Is there any Command line option to create job in Windows Assessment Console ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Based on the information that you provided, you are trying to get a command for Windows Assessment Console. With this concern, we suggest you to head over this

link
    for the available Command-line Syntax in Assessment platform. For more information, you can visit this

link
    about Windows Assessment Console step-by-step guide.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Line folding/word wrap in IE-Mobile

It's frustrating that the answer to so many questions on these forums is to side-step the question and insinuate that "your problem is not really a problem". It is a problem. Perhaps you have good enough eyesight to read web pages when you zoom out far
    enough to display an entire line of text. Mine is not, and I'm not alone.

I have the same problem with my windows phone. On my previous HTC phone, blocks of text on many websites would wrap to fill in the viewing area on my phone. If I zoomed in, the browser would re-format to wrap the lines accordingly. It was a very nice experience.

My windows phone does not do this. I find it ironic that in order to read this thread on my phone I had to view the window in landscape and still scroll the window left and right to read each line. It was very annoying. When I tried to sign in to reply
    to the post, my windows phone screen goes completely white and I simply cannot sign in. I finally gave up and went to fetch the laptop.

If the IE browser in my windows phone won't wrap lines, is there a way to use a different browser in my windows phone? And/or is there a way to compel IE to wrap lines? Can this be fixed in a future release.

JeffOnWire, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10  

I can't scroll back many lines for some reason and I don't see the scroll option in v1809 e.g.

Steve C, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Enable/Disable Windows 2 Step logon verification from the command line

Is it possible to Enable/Disable Windows 2 Step logon verification from the command line?

RobertScheid, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Windows Command-Line: Inside the Windows Console

Read more: Windows Command-Line: Inside the Windows Console Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Line Wrapping Selection in Console in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Line

2. Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console: have been working on my C++ library to enchant visualization on console but after the windows 11 console update, I can't disable word wrap in console. I tried many settings of console but none work. Anyone know the process or C++ code to do so. I am using MSVS 2022.Sample...
  3. Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant disable word wrap in windows 11 latest console: have been working on my C++ library to enchant visualization on console but after the windows 11 console update, I can't disable word wrap in console. I tried many settings of console but none work. Anyone know the process or C++ code to do so. I am using MSVS 2022.Sample...
  4. Disable Mouse Wrapping in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Mouse Wrapping in Windows 11: I am using a single display with Windows 11, and my mouse cursor has started wrapping vertically. When I move the cursor to the top of the screen, it will appear at the bottom, and vice-versa. It does not do the same type of wrapping horizontally. How do I disable this...
  5. Line wrap in Windows 10 Mail reading pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line wrap in Windows 10 Mail reading pane: The original post was raised five years ago on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-wrap-in-windows-10-mail-reading-pane/8d4be53b-8348-4184-85cc-341470e4de26. That post has been locked but this email issue is still not resolved. As such, I am copied...
  6. How to enable or disable Console Mode Sign-in on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Console Mode Sign-in on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has been bringing in new lock-screen user experiences and features with every iterative feature release of Windows 10. People have their own opinions about it. Some people tend to like it, and the others tend not to like it. [...] This post How to...
  7. Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Scroll Forward in Console Window in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux...
  8. Enable or Disable Extended Line Endings in Notepad in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extended Line Endings in Notepad in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Extended Line Endings in Notepad in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Extended Line Endings in Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create...
  9. Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Consoles in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Legacy Console Mode for All Console Windows in Windows 10 A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example:...
  10. Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Console Mode Sign-in in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a hidden console mode that can be used to replace the default lock, sign-in, welcome, and shutdown graphical UI screens with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell Turn on or off Wrap Text Output on Resize of Console

2. how to disable user selection in linux console