Windows 10: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

When the taskbar is toolbars on the taskbar.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the ability to unlock and lock the taskbar for specific or all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable "Lock the taskbar".

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar for All Users using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: "Lock the taskbar" disabled

Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar, double click/tap on the Lock the Taskbar policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable ability to Lock the Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable ability to Lock the Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar for All Users using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

LockTaskbar DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable ability to Lock the Taskbar for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_ability_to_lock_and_unlock_taskbar.reg

Download

3. To Disable ability to Lock the Taskbar for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_ability_to_lock_and_unlock_taskbar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 2, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

orbtwin, Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 :)

Just to verify, the lock screen isn't the one that shows the users to select to sign in as.

Next, double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you do not have the Ctrl+Alt+Del secure lock screen enabled. If it's enabled, the lock screen will show even when the lock screen is disabled.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

While doing OPTION THREE here to create the task, it's critical that all steps are performed exactly and fully. The full registry path the task uses is below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\SessionData

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

Hi Edward,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if lock screen feature is enabled on the computer.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• What is the edition of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the lock screen and check if it helps.

How to disable Lock screen on Windows 10 group policy:

If wanted to turn off lock screen pictures, then I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off lock screen pictures through group policy editor.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "gpedit.msc" without the quotes in the run box and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Then follow the path below:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization

4. Now on the right side, Double click that
    Do not display the lock screen
    option.

5. Set the option as Enabled.

6. Click on Apply and then click on
    Ok.

7. Close Group policy editor and restart your computer.

Note: The above steps is applicable to Windows 10 pro version.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with disabling lock screen on the computer, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

chasedward, Oct 27, 2019
  6. nsmth Win User
    Windows 10: How to disable lock screen to show login screen directly.

That worked!

Thank you very much!

cs

my version does not allow gpedit.msc- please provide instructions on how to skip the lock screen and go to login for the rest of us. this is a very annoying step

nsmth, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Lock

2. Disable taskbar lock?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable taskbar lock?: When I open a window that is maximized, sometimes the taskbar locks and a white line appears, and I can't open the taskbar unless I press the windows key. How do I stop this? [img] (If you cant see the line open it in new tab) 177670
  3. Disable taskbar lock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable taskbar lock?: [ATTACH] When I open a window that is maximized, sometimes the taskbar locks and a white line appears, and I can't open the taskbar unless I press the windows key. How do I stop this?...
  4. Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Animations in the Taskbar in Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 uses animations in the taskbar. Some examples of taskbar animation are: Slide effect when dragging icons on...
  5. Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  6. Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  7. Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...
  8. Enable or Disable Lock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Computer in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Computer in Windows How to Enable or Disable Lock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to lock the computer, you will be taken to...
  9. Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana on your Lock Screen in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...