Windows 10: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 By default, any user can turn your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

By default, any user can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing the Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. Users can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection. If your PC has a cellular data connection and you share it, it will use data from your data plan.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the mobile hotspot feature for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the mobile hotspot feature.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Mobile Hotspot disabled

Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, Network, and Network Connections. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Network Connections, double click/tap on the Prohibit use of Internet Connection Sharing on your DNS domain network policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Mobile Hotspot
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Mobile Hotspot
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Network Connections

NC_ShowSharedAccessUI DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Mobile Hotspot
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Mobile_Hotspot_feature.reg

Download

3. To Disable Mobile Hotspot
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Mobile_Hotspot_feature.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 24, 2016

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to enable Mobile hotspot in Windows 10?

Thanks for your reply.

Did you follow the troubleshooting steps above? Did you see the enable option upon disabling the Mobile hotspot?

Raymond Ave, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How to enable Mobile hotspot in Windows 10?

Hello,

Mobile hotspot can be found under Network & Internet settings. To enable the "Mobile hotspot" option in a Windows 10 computer, you may follow these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.

• For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.

• Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.

• Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.

• To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Joe Men Win User
    Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Mobile

2. hotspot mobile disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot mobile disable: Notif : The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-mobile-disable/5ffad920-8987-4966-b984-7ab488b4fe18
  3. hotspot mobile disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot mobile disable: Notif : The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotspot-mobile-disable/5ffad920-8987-4966-b984-7ab488b4fe18
  4. Disabled mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabled mobile hotspot: I accidentally disabled mobile hotspot in my adapter options and it’s disappeared. Now it won’t allow me to turn hot spot back on. How do I get it back?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-mobile-hotspot/b9ac00f5-0da1-4838-b329-6518a78e7009
  5. Mobile hotspot on windows 10

Mobile hotspot on windows 10: so i was messing with some configs and other stuff and now when i turn the mobile hotspot on on my laptop my phone sees the wifi but when it tries to connect it wont it just doesnt have wifi please help....
  6. Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature

Unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature: Hi, I am unable to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature in my Windows 10 powered laptop even though it is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable Highlighted in Yellow. I am able to use the internet on the browser from which I am posting this and every other thing except...
  7. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

Cannot enable mobile hotspot: So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it...
  8. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 Enable or Disable Automatically Turn Off Mobile Hotspot when No Devices Connected in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 The Windows Mobility Center (mblctr.exe) provides quick access to the most commonly used settings for mobile devices, such as brightness,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable_Mobile_Hotspot_feature.reg

2. disable_mobile_hotspot_feature.reg

3. enable or disable hotspot w10