Windows 10: Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by aixki, Aug 30, 2017.

1. aixki Win User

Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A network location identifies the type of network (ex: private or public) that a PC is connected to with a network adapter.

By default, the first time you connect to a new network (wired or wireless), you will be prompted "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" by the Network Location wizard.

If you prefer to not have users on the PC prompted by the Network Location wizard whenever connecting to a new network, then you can disable the Network Location wizard so new networks will have a "public" location by default.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Network Location wizard prompt when connecting to a new network for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the Network Location wizard prompt

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Network Location wizard using a REG file
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Network Location wizard in Command Prompt
    EXAMPLE: Network Location wizard

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Network Location wizard using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add (disable) or remove (enable) the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NewNetworkWindowOff

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Network Location wizard
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Network_Location_Wizard.reg

Download

3. To Disable Network Location wizard
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Network_Location_Wizard.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Network Location wizard in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Do step 3 (enable) or step 4 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Enable Network Location wizard
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NewNetworkWindowOff" /f

4. To Disable Network Location wizard
    A) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\NewNetworkWindowOff" /f

5. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

aixki, Aug 30, 2017

2. Making Desktop shortcuts use to be a breeze in windows 7 in windows 10 they are incomplete.

When making my shortcut for the Desktop to the internet connection in windows 10 the code to the shortcut is incomplete in the fact that in windows 7, ( so, TECHNICIANS LISTEN UP go and copy and paste your old code properly from windows 7.)note: that this advice
    is not for weekend warriors by the way, as I was saying about the old shortcut that worked so well in windows 7! the new and improved windows 10 is not finished, the only way to get my short cut to work for me is:

TO OPEN THE MENU ( right click on the shortcut and then click on the) " Open the file location" then just close the window that opens up" , , , then guess, yes my short cut changes the menu choices from enable to disable my network or vice a versa , ,
    , other wise the menu stays the same even after you have use it to enable the network . !

Now I ask you WHO WANTS TO ENABLE A NETWORK THAT IS ALREADY ENABLED! Yes nobody, so, the menu in the SHORTCUT is suppose to change when the network is already enabled, TO: DISABLE and vice a versa when the network is already DISABLED, the menus choice should
    be, ENABLE.

When the network is already a disabled network it should have change to ENABLE the disabled network.

I HOPE I have my self clear in this irritating dilemma to the making shortcuts. Windows 10 PROGRAMMERS PLEASE PAY attention to your free hand typing code when coping the old code with the new code names in, it is important that when ever possible that you
    use your "copy and paste", it is what my College Professor tried to stress to us students.

rCastillo34, Aug 30, 2017
  3. asem305 Win User
    n95 - hidden wlan access -connection issue

A hidden wlan????? do you mean that you can't find the wlan app on the N95? or that a wirless network can not be found by the Wlan wizard?

for the first case the wireless wizard is available under tools.

in the second case, if the wirless network is not detected by the N95, it can be that "Wireless SSID Broadcast" on the router is set to disabled or off. it's a security feature that has to be enabled in order for wirless networks to be detectable.

you can check this setting using your computer if you're the owner of the wireless router.

asem305, Aug 30, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 30, 2017
  5. aixki Win User
    Well, the name of the registry key is NewNetworkWindowOff, so to me it doesn't necessarily mean DisableDiscoverySettingAndUsePowershellOrGpo ;-)

But yeah, maybe it's by design,in such case it's a really bad design decision,or very bad registry key name

aixki, Aug 30, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, the names can make it confusing when not more friendly towards its function.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Network

2. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  3. Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Network Connections while in Modern Standby on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With every newer generation of computers, these devices are getting mobile and faster. Chips are becoming smarter to serve faster wake up from standby, faster charging, more power efficiency and more. The newest generation of these chips supports the S0 [...]...
  4. Enable or Disable Showing Remote Locations in Jump Lists in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Showing Remote Locations in Jump Lists in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Showing Remote Locations in Jump Lists in Windows How to Enable or Disable Showing Remote Locations in Jump Lists in Windows When you right click or press and hold on an app on the taskbar or Start menu, it will open the app's jump list....
  5. Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut to enable/disable network (wired): Sorry if I missed it but it seems there is none posted under Shortcuts nor Internet & Network. I've tried searching for a solution but found no proper for Win10. There was at least one working in Win7 but it seems to have changed in Win10. I'm not looking for Wireless or...
  6. Enable or Disable Changing Geographic Location in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Geographic Location in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Geographic Location in Windows How to Enable or Disable Changing Geographic Location in Windows The country or region home location in Windows, referred to as geographic location (GeoID), indicates the country or region that you are...
  7. Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by...
  8. Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows How to Enable or Disable Modifying Indexed Locations in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. This tutorial will show you how...
  9. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows How to Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you...
  10. Enable or Disable Changing Save Location of Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Save Location of Apps in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Save Location of Apps in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Changing Apps Save Location in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can select where Windows apps from the Store will install or moved to and save data to by default instead of on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable network location wizard

2. command network location wizard

3. Disable Network Location Wizard in Windows 10 registry

4. network location wizard windows 10,
  5. Enable Network Wizard location,
  6. network location wizard windows