Windows 10: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

In Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center app, which brings together common Windows security features into one app.

Windows Defender Security Center will send notifications with critical information about the health and security of your device. You can specify which informational notifications you want.

Starting with Windows 10 version 1709, you can enable the "Hide non-critical notification" or "Hide all notifications" policy.

Hide non-critical notification - If enabled, only critical notifications will show from the Windows Defender Security Center. Local users will only see critical notifications from the Windows Defender Security Center. They will not see other types of notifications, such as regular PC or device health information.

Hide all notifications - If enabled, local users will not see any notifications from the Windows Defender Security Center. This will override the Hide non-critical notification policy.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable notifications from Windows Security for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable notifications from the Windows Defender Security Center.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable All Notifications from Windows Security in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Three: Enable or Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security using a REG file
    • Option Four: Enable or Disable All Notifications from Windows Security using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Three below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications

OR

(Windows build 17661 and later)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Security\Account protection

Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. In the right pane of Notifications in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Hide non-critical notifications policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable All Notifications from Windows Security in Local Group Policy Editor

*note This option will override Option One and Option Three.

The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Four below.
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows components\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications

3. In the right pane of Notifications in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Hide all notifications policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable All Notifications from Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable All Notifications from Windows Security
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION THREE [/i] Enable or Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications

DisableEnhancedNotifications DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_non-critical_notifications_from_Windows_Security.reg

Download

3. To Disable Non-critical Notifications from Windows Security
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_non-critical_notifications_from_Windows_Security.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Enable or Disable All Notifications from Windows Security using a REG file

*note This option will override Option One and Option Three.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\Notifications

DisableNotifications DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable All Notifications from Windows Security
    *note This is the default setting.

Enable_all_notifications_from_Windows_Security.reg

Download

3. To Disable All Notifications from Windows Security

Disable_all_notifications_from_Windows_Security.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 30, 2015

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

How to turn off low disk space notification in Windows 10

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/faq-l...on-or-warning-in-windows-7-how-to-disable-etc
    While the link says Windows 7, it works the same in 10. I personally have been using the following;
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ultimate-windows-tweaker-4-windows-10
    This utility provides a simple method to change a lot of needless, irritating and annoying things about Windows.
    Cheers and fun! *Rockout :rockout: *Peace Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 :peace:

lexluthermiester, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  6. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Notifications

2. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  3. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  4. How to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10: Microsoft asks you for feedback. This way, it can improve its services and optimize the Operating System for you. However, Feedback Notifications can be annoying. Therefore, in this article, we are going to see how to enable or disable Feedback Notification in Windows 10....
  5. How to enable or disable Notifications from apps and other senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Notifications from apps and other senders in Windows 10: Windows 10’s Action Center notifies you of each unread notification sent by an app. However, if you do not want to get such things, you can disable notifications from apps and other senders using this tutorial. It is possible to turn off these notifications using the Windows...
  6. Enable security notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable security notification: hi, last night i disabled the security notification, when i open a file or program it asks me if want to make changes or open it with the "yes or no" option, how do i enable this back for my protection?...
  7. Disable Security notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Security notifications?: Sorry. Thanks shimshom.
  8. Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose and better understand the security...
  9. Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10: How to: Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 How to Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is...
  10. Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC: How to: Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC How to Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10