Windows 10: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

Discus and support Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 29, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Removing Files from Cloud

Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive from any PC, tablet, or phone.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable OneDrive notifications for your account in Windows 10 before removing files from the cloud.

Here's How:
    1. Click/tap on the OneDrive icon
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud [​IMG]
    in the notification area on the taskbar, click/tap on More, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the Settings tab, check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) the Notify me before removing files from the cloud box under the bottom Notifications section, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 29, 2018

2. Files/folders show in File Explorer Windows 10 they are being synced but OneDrive says all is good

In that case, we would recommend following the steps below to continue troubleshooting.

• Unlink OneDrive.
    • Go to the notification area in the left part of the taskbar and click
      Show hidden icons
      arrow.
    • Right-click the cloud icon and click Settings.
    • Go to Account tab and click Unlink Onedrive button.
    • Once unlinked, you can remove all the OneDrive files manually.
    • After removing the files, start over and add your OneDrive again.

• In case you encounter the same issue, you can Reset OneDrive as a last resort.
    • In the Search bar, type CMD.
    • Right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset the hit
      Enter.
    • To check if the command is successful, check if the cloud icon disappeared from the taskbar notification.
    • Restart you PC and open the OneDrive to start over.

You can hit us back and tell us the result.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to disable notification "Help Storage Sense clean more"

My OneDrive folder is set to "Always keep on this device". Several times a day I am getting this notification: "Help Storage Sense clean more. Enable the removal of unused local cloud-backed content from your device."

No, I don't want to do that. I want my content to always be available even if I'm offline or my subscription lapses. I don't ever want Microsoft to delete my files from my devices.

How do I disable these notifications? Storage Sense isn't listed in the "Get notifications from these senders" section of the Notifications & Actions settings. I don't want to turn off all notifications.

Thank you!

MatthewFisher1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Oct 27, 2019
  5. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

1. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud - Similar Threads - Enable Disable OneDrive

2. Remove OneDrive and Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer's Quick Access section

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove OneDrive and Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer's Quick Access section: Up front, it's not really the "Quick Access" section, but the left-hand bar in the File Explorer. Not sure what that's called. But I'd like to remove the visibility of these. OneDrive gets used occasionally, but only when I want to access something and manually launch it to...
  3. Remove OneDrive and Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer's Quick Access section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OneDrive and Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer's Quick Access section: Up front, it's not really the "Quick Access" section, but the left-hand bar in the File Explorer. Not sure what that's called. But I'd like to remove the visibility of these. OneDrive gets used occasionally, but only when I want to access something and manually launch it to...
  4. Remove OneDrive and Creative Cloud Files from File Explorer's Quick Access section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  6. [Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications

[Suggestion] Quick way to enable/disable notifications/shortcut to enable/disable notifications: Im currently working on W11 and have the following issue, no easy way to toggle notifications. It can be done through settings or through the focus assistant however as a user that uses his device in a professional way i haven't found an easy way to quickly toggle this during...
  7. Disable ALL OneDrive notifications, remove from taskbar

Disable ALL OneDrive notifications, remove from taskbar: Hi all, I need some help. I want to disable ALL OneDrive notifications and remove it from my taskbar. I DO NOT want any of OneDrive notifications. I do want to keep it doing what it's supposed to, I just don't want any notifications or have it in my taskbar. After...
  8. Removing files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing files from OneDrive: How do I remove files from OneDrive without removing them from my computer? I don't have to have everything on my computer backed up to One Drive. How do I stop that from happening?...
  9. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications when Files Deleted in Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Many Files are Deleted in Cloud Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload,...
  10. Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive New Flyout Notification in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the New OneDrive Flyout Notification in Windows 10 [img] Information OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an...