Windows 10: Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable the Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information After you type your password in a password entry text box in Windows 10, you will see a password reveal button (fermata eye) that you can press to show the typed password to verify if you typed it correctly.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the password reveal button for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable the password reveal button.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using Group Policy
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Password reveal button on sign-in screen

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using Group Policy

Note Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Credential User Interface

3. In the right pane of Credential User Interface in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Do not display the password reveal button policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Password Reveal Button
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Password Reveal Button
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CredUI

DisablePasswordReveal DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Password Reveal Button
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_password_reveal_button.reg

Download

3. To Disable Password Reveal Button
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_password_reveal_button.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Oct 27, 2016

2. The reveal password eye

Password Reveal Button - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Download and run a REG file.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Pinkfoot1 Win User
    Password Reveal Button

On my desktop running Windows 10 Home I have the Password Reveal button which I find useful in checking if I have entered the correct password in the login screen. Windows 10 Home was a free upgrade of Windows 8.1 downloaded from MS.

However I also use a Laptop which also runs Windows 10 Home but it does not have the Password Reveal button which is inconvenient as I cannot check whether I have entered the correct password. In this case the download was from this link :

Download Windows 10

Is it possible to download a Password Reveal button installer to rectify this problem.

Pinkfoot1, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

Bug in Reveal Password Eye Button

Hi

I was using input type="password" in one of my applications. I noticed that the reveal password eye button's behavior isn't consistent on Windows 10. The reveal button is when the field is empty and a password is entered but if you click anywhere on the
    form and comeback to the field it isn't visible anymore. The only way to bring it back is to clear the field and enter a new value. Wondering if this is by design.

I also verified this behavior here:

Tryit Editor v3.6

Best

Sushil

SushilGanesh, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Password reveal button works on all apps, except the windows 10 login screen

Hi Nick,

Take a look at this link:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/66711-enabl...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I know this is how to disable/enable, but I'm thinking we disable it, reboot. Make sure it's not working anywhere. Then, re-enable with GPO (or the reg file shown) and see if it enables it on the login screen.

Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Password Reveal Button in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Password

2. I want to disable the popup on my revealing password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to disable the popup on my revealing password: Straight to the point as the question, i want to disable this but i couldn't find any clue to disable this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-disable-the-popup-on-my-revealing/8f3764c2-b66b-494b-a614-efd94f95bfb1
  3. How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC: [ATTACH]If you want to disable all the hardware buttons on your Windows 10 tablet […] This article How to enable or disable hardware buttons in Windows 10 Tablet PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge?: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Reveal password […] This article How to enable or disable Reveal Password button in Microsoft Edge? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Reveal Eye Bug? - Reveals stored passwords on 2004: Hi. We have spotted what we believe to be a bug, that we have been able to replicate on our own machines and clients running 2004. The normal behaviour observed in 1909 was that if a password was stored in either the Windows Credential Manager, Edge or browser password...
  6. Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    Keystroke Hide/Reveal for Passwords: Not sure how to explain this but.. You know when you type your password and input one character that shows, then you input another one and the previous one hides and the new one shows? I've noticed the majority of sites do this but there's also one's that hide your password...
  7. Enable / disable password at :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable / disable password at :: Hi there *Cool I am busy making several scripts into an autohotkey menu (gui) currently i am @ the network section *Tongue With the .regs i overcome alot of hurdles, but the one i am lost to is the change of this radio button : Password protected sharing in the network...
  8. Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  9. Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows How to Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar...
  10. Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Password expiration is a feature in Windows that forces a maximum (42 days by default) and...