Windows 10: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows How to Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows When giving a presentation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode.

While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays awake, system notifications are turned off, and your presentation settings for screen saver, volume, and desktop background are applied.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable presentation settings for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable presentation settings.

*note In Windows 7, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the RT, Pro, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, Presentation Settings and presentation mode is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Presentation Settings using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Presentation Settings

Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Local Group Policy Editor
    1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. Navigate to the policy location below in the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Presentation Settings

3. In the right pane of Presentation Settings in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Turn off Windows presentation settings policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Presentation Settings
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Presentation Settings
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Presentation Settings using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\PresentationSettings

NoPresentationSettings DWORD

(delete) = Enable (default)
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Presentation Settings
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_presentation_settings.reg

Download

3. To Disable Presentation Settings
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_presentation_settings.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 6, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

Unable to Enable proxy settings

Hello Mohan,

Please answer the questions below for better assistance.

• Which version of windows is running on your system?
    • Have made any recently hardware or software changes to your computer?
    • Do you have any antivirus program running on your Computer?
    • Have you checked for any pending updates on the system?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • When you say ‘tried to change registry setting’, what steps did you take and what changes have you made?

If you are using Internet explorer suggest you follow the below methods and check if it helps

Method 1: Disable security software on the system.

Disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the Antivirus, try again to Change the proxy setting and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer:
    Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or
    troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks

Method 2:

I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

1. Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the edge homepage.

2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.

3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on your query.

Darshan J, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Hi sid071,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern. This setting might have disabled the Microphone in the computer.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and enable the Microphone.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound > click on sound
      on the right pane.
    4. Choose Recording tab and find the Microphone on the devices list.
    • If you can’t find it:
      Right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the Headphone is enabled.
    5. Select the Microphone and click the button Set Default. (Ref fig 1)

Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows 8980565f-cfff-462d-b128-af1f8b5f4908?upload=true.png

Fig 1: Enable Microphone.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

Asrock AR-939DUAL-SATA2 ULi M1695

Here are some tips on tweaking the BIOS. The rest of your system shouldn't give you any problems.
    Step one- Set time, date
    Step two- In CPU settings, disable cool n quiet, set memory clock to DDR400, play with memory timings (CAS-TRAS-TRP-TRCD), which are listed in the bios in the order CAS, TRCD, TRAS, and TRP.
    Leave MA timing at 2T unless you think your system can handle 1T
    Step three- in Chipset settings, enable onboard LAN, disable onboard Audio, disable AGP fast write, set primary graphics adapter, and set CPU-NB and NB-SB link speed to 1000mhz.
    Step four- in IDE, disable controllers you aren't using. On all drives detected, enable SMART if you can and set PIO/DMA as high as they will go.
    Step five- Enable legacy USB support
    Step six- Set password if you're worried about anyone screwing around with your BIOS settings
    Step seven- Configure your boot sequence. I reccomend hard drive first, optical drive second, and floppy drive third.
    Step eight- Save changes, boot into XP, and enjoy your computer

zekrahminator, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Proxy settings are getting enabled automatically

We would suggest you to reset Windows store cache. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window.
    • Type the following command in run and press Enter
    Command: wsreset.exe

If it does not help, try disabling proxy. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R keys, type inetcpl.cpl in run window and press Enter.
    • Click connections tab and then click LAN settings.
    • Click to uncheck "Use proxy server for your LAN" box.
    • Click ok, apply and ok.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows

1. Enable or Disable Presentation Settings in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Presentation

2. All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Touchpad settings not present in Windows Settings: I wanted to change some sensitivity settings of my touchpad as on scrolling using touchpad since it just scrolls a lot like a lot of lines sometimes even directly to the bottom of the page in just one scroll but when I checked my `Touchpad` Settings, Only option I have is...
  3. How to disable Windows Presentation Settings on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Presentation Settings on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to disable Windows Presentation Settings on Windows 11/10, here is how you can do it. It is possible to prevent users from using or turning off the Presentation Settings in Windows Mobility Center using Group Policy and Registry Editor. Windows Mobility...
  4. When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When "enable touchpad despite a mouse being present" is disabled, the touchpad disables...: What the title says. It's an MSI GE65 Raider 9SF laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I disabled this option so that a the touchpad is disabled when I have an USB mouse connected, but the thing is that it's disabled even when a mouse isn't present? I booted up my laptop today in...
  5. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  6. Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Security app. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your device...
  7. Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Settings in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  8. Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  9. Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Insider Build Settings in Windows 10 You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and help Microsoft make it even better. This...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable presentation settings in gpo