Windows 10: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by vram, Dec 6, 2017.

1. vram Win User

Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

By default in Offer to save passwords.

When turned on, Google Chrome can remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the availability to save passwords in Google Chrome for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable saving passwords in Google Chrome.

EXAMPLE: Offer to save passwords in Google Chrome enabled, disabled, and forced

Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome

PasswordManagerEnabled DWORD

delete = Enable (available)
    0 = Disable
    1 = Force

1. Do step 2 (enable), step 3 (disable), or step 5 (force) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Offer to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for All Users
    *note This is the default setting to make "Offer to save passwords" available to turn on or off for all users.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Enable_Offer_to_save_passwords_in_Google_Chrome.reg

Download

3. To Disable Offer to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for All Users
    *note This will disable and make "Offer to save passwords" unavailable to turn on for all users.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Disable_Offer_to_save_passwords_in_Google_Chrome.reg

Download

4. To Force Offer to Save Passwords in Google Chrome for All Users
    *note This will force "Offer to save passwords" to always be turned on for all users.

Force_Offer_to_save_passwords_in_Google_Chrome.reg

Download
    5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. If Google Chrome is currently open, then close and reopen the browser to apply.

9. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

vram, Dec 6, 2017
  2. Mala_S Win User

Google Chrome ask for Windows 10 password to view Chrome passwords.

Hello Dennis18_Se,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a Local account in sign in to that account?
    2. May I know if your computer is connected to a Domain (organization) network?
    3. Are you able to access websites using other web browsers?

Google Chrome will save login usernames and passwords and will automatically complete the sign-in fields for you the next time you visit the websites. It’s a good security measure added by Chrome.

If you do not want Chrome to ask for your Windows login password when you access, you can either remove the Windows user login password from your account or disable the password manager re-authentication feature in Chrome. To disable the password
    manager re-authentication follow the below method:

• Open Google Chrome browser and type chrome://flags in the address bar and press Enter.
    • You get a list of features available, scroll down to see flag labeled
      Disable Password Manager Re-authentication.
    • Click on the Enable link below its feature description to enable the feature.
    • Click on the button labeled Relaunch Now to restart chrome with new settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Google Chrome Will Open -- Passwords Saved but Won't Login to Websites

What I later noticed is that my 3 Facebook saved webpages will automatically open when I open my Google Chrome browser however my saved webpages for Google, America Online, My eBay and iantiqueonline.com will not automatically logon and I have to click
    on "login" on each webpage. As mentioned in my question my passwords for each of these sites is saved and visible as encrypted (********) on each of these other sites. I've saved my passwords on all of these 5 sites but only my 3 separate saved Facebook pages
    will logon using my saved passwords. And yes that option is enabled in my settings for Chrome.

Mark D Swartz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Google Chrome-Microsoft authentication API

Strange problem.

Scenario 1:

• PC 1 - Win 10 - Logged in with my windows account.
    • try to check google chrome saved password.
    • popup windows for Win credentials does not show the logged user.
    • provided the correct credentials but I get the message "user name or password is incorrect"

Scenario 2:

• PC 2 - Win 10 - Logged in with my windows account.
    • try to check google chrome saved password.
    • popup windows for Win credentials show the logged user.
    • provided the correct credentials I get the information required (google saved password)

Thanks in advance

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy

StefanoParini, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Saving

2. Solved Disabling the Sign In Requirement When Viewing Saved Passwords on Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Solved Disabling the Sign In Requirement When Viewing Saved Passwords on Google Chrome: Edit: Turning my account into a local account fixed this issue.I would like to disable the sign in when viewing saved passwords on Chrome. Is this possible? It is annoying after having to frequently check passwords and having the enter my Microsoft password each time, so I...
  3. Disabling the Sign In Requirement When Viewing Saved Passwords on Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling the Sign In Requirement When Viewing Saved Passwords on Google Chrome.: I would like to disable the sign in when viewing saved passwords on Chrome. Is this possible? It is annoying after having to frequently check passwords and having the enter my Microsoft password each time, so I would rather have it off. I have included a screenshot to make...
  4. Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome not saving passwords on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It has been reported by some users that Google Chrome browser does not remember accounts and login sessions. Simultaneously, it doesn’t save passwords. If you are facing this problem, don’t worry, it’s common – and we have the solution for [...] This post...
  5. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  6. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  7. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...
  8. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...
  9. Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome: How to: Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account info for that site....
  10. Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome for Windows How to Manage Saved Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows You can have Google Chrome remember your passwords for different sites. Whenever you sign in to a website, Chrome asks if you want to save your account...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Force_Offer_to_save_passwords_in_Google_Chrome