Windows 10: Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC How to Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC Secure Boot is a security standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by br4to92, Dec 20, 2017.

1. br4to92 Win User

Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

How to: Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

How to Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC manufacturer. Support for Secure Boot was introduced in Windows 8, and also supported by Windows 10.

When the PC starts, the firmware checks the signature of each piece of boot software, including firmware drivers (Option ROMs), EFI applications, and the operating system. If the signatures are good, the PC boots, and the firmware gives control to the operating system.

Secure boot prevents a sophisticated and dangerous type of malwarecalled a rootkitfrom loading when you start your device. Rootkits use the same privileges as the operating system and start before it, which means they can completely hide themselves. Rootkits are often part of an entire suite of malware that can bypass local logins, record passwords and keystrokes, transfer private files, and capture cryptographic data.

Secure Boot requires a PC with a UEFI firmware chip that meets the UEFI.

Sometimes you may need to disable Secure Boot to run some PC graphics cards, hardware, or operating systems such as Linux or previous version of Windows. Before disabling Secure Boot, consider whether it is necessary. From time to time, your manufacturer may update the list of trusted hardware, drivers, and operating systems for your PC. To check for updates, go to Windows Update, or check your manufacturer's website.

For more information about Secure Boot, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Secure Boot on your Windows 10 PC.

*note The way you enable and disable Secure Boot varies by PC and motherboard manufacturer. You should read your manufacturer's manual or support site for specific instructions.

If you would like to post screenshots below of your specific PC manufacturer Secure Boot settings, then please feel free to do so to help others.
    Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC :)

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on ASRock x79 Motherboard
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Acer PCs
    • Option Three: To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on HP and Compaq PCs

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on ASRock x79 Motherboard
    1. Boot to your UEFI firmware settings.

2. Do step 3 (enable) or step 4 (disable) for what you want to do.

3. To Enable Secure Boot
    A) Click/tap on the Security menu icon, and select Enabled for the Secure Boot setting. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

B) If you haven't already, click/tap on the Install default Secure Boot keys link, and click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshots below)

C) Go to step 5 below.

4. To Disable Secure Boot
    A) Click/tap on the Security menu icon, select Disabled for the Secure Boot setting, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Exit menu icon, and click/tap on the Save Changes and Exit option. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

7. Your PC will now reboot.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Acer PCs
    1. For how, see videos below and Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Desktops, Notebooks, and Tablets - acer Answers

OPTION THREE [/i] To Enable or Disable Secure Boot on HP and Compaq PCs
    1. For how, see: HP PCs - Secure Boot (Windows 10)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

br4to92, Dec 20, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 20, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 in UEFI mode using the original USB stick?

You don't have to enable Legacy Boot to install Windows 10 . . .

If you go into your UEFI BIOS and change the following settings, you should be able to install Windows 10 on GPT:

Disable Secure Boot

Enable CSM

Then install Windows 10 and later re-enable Secure Boot . . .

DaveM121, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello br4to92, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The dual boot issue would be a good question to ask in our Installation and Upgrade forum area.

If you're wanting to disable Secure Boot, then the "Erase all Secure Boot Setting" should be the correct option.

Brink, Dec 20, 2017
  5. br4to92 Win User
    Hello and thank you for the warm welcome *Smile I'll start a new thread at Installation & Upgrade area, at your suggestion. I had some issues with booting (cannot boot into any installed OS) after i've done some changes on the hard-disk with EasyUEFI (i was not knowing what i was doing), but i've reinstalled Windows 10 and now everything's ok, except the part with dual-booting with Ubuntu. I hope i'll find some answers regarding this, because on my old laptop i was able to dual boot Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu very easy. So thanks again and have a nice day!

br4to92, Dec 23, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I hope you get a solution there soon. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Secure

2. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  3. Enable Secure Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enable Secure Boot: When I enable secure boot mode in the bios, and go to windows I get "Secure Boot Status: Not Compatible" how can I fix it? I have an Asus Prime A320m-k motherboard, ryzen 3100, 16 ram and RX570 PD: I have seen other people with the same motherboard with secure boot mode...
  4. Enable Secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  5. Enable Secure boot

Enable Secure boot: Hello everyone, I've trying to enable secure boot in my pc in the BIOS I have a gigabyte motherboard, and I'm doing this because I want to play Valorant in my pc. I have the TPM 2.0 activated but the secure boot not. When I'm trying to change this in the Bios Disabled the CSM...
  6. Enabling Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I have Windows 11 home. My motherboard is a Z590 Aorus Pro Ax. When I go into my Bios it says that I have secure boot mode "enabled". However, when I go to my system information it says "Secure Boot State: Off". I'm trying to figure how to turn it on. It seems like...
  7. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled: I have went into the BIOS and reset settings, it turned the secure boot support to enabled, but in the information screen secure boot status is still shown as disabled after i saved and exited. The secure boot state in systems is also shown as 'off' even though when i went to...
  8. Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled

Secure boot status is disabled even though secure boot support in enabled: I have went into the BIOS and reset settings, it turned the secure boot support to enabled, but in the information screen secure boot status is still shown as disabled after i saved and exited. The secure boot state in systems is also shown as 'off' even though when i went to...
  9. Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose and better understand the security...
  10. Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10: How to: Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 How to Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to install ubuntu disable secure boot

2. how to enable secure boot windows 10

3. should i enable secure boot windows 10

4. erase all secure boot setting,
  5. how to enable secure boot for windows 10 lite,
  6. secure boot enable or disable windows 10