Windows 10: Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AthanasianCreed, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

Finally, you can personalize Narrator's voice to adjust the speaking rate, pitch, and volume as well as install some third-party text-to-speech voices.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Win+Ctrl+Enter keyboard shortcut to turn Narrator on or off for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off in Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open to Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and check (enable - default) or uncheck (disable) the Allow the shortcut key to start Narrator box for what you want on the right side under the Start-up options section. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam

WinEnterLaunchEnabled DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Narrator_shortcut_key_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Disable Win+Ctrl+Enter Shortcut Key to Turn Narrator On or Off
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Narrator_shortcut_key_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AthanasianCreed, Sep 14, 2017

2. Is there a way to disable the shortcut (CTRL+WIN+N) to open Narrator settings?

Did you try the method in the Link? That should stop it from starting at all.

Also look here:

How to Disable Narrator Shortcut Key in Windows 10

http://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/how-to-disab...

That should do it though here is more.

Try the method here by Likhitha V.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

You could disable the Windows Key

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/216893...

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 27, 2019
  3. How to disable narrator in Windows 10.

This is the easiest way and you do not need to modify the registry:

It is done in 4 steps:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Start Narrator Automatically option bar to Off status under Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • On the same screen slide the Narrator option bar to Off status
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

mvelas1918, Oct 27, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

Here's the registry entry you need. Note: if yours is already 1 and the hotkeys are not working, you have a different problem. Please advise if so.

1 = hot key Windows key + Enter enabled, 0 = disabled.

[table][tr][td][/td] [td] This is one post that comes up when users search for how to disable Narrator in Windows 10. This was annoying me today. The provided solutions weren't satisfactory for me. Especially setting the debuger setting. I did a 30 second search for Narrator in the registry and very luckily found this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam\WinEnterLaunchEnabled Setting it to 0 disables the shortcut for the current user, so not in the login screen. Save this as a .reg file: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam] "WinEnterLaunchEnabled"=dword:00000000[/td] [/tr] [/table]

hotkeys - Disable Narrator shortcut key in windows 8 - Super User

dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How to disable narrator in Windows 10.

This is the easiest way and you do not need to modify the registry:

It is done in 4 steps:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Narrator settings and select the top most search result.
    • Slide the Start Narrator Automatically option bar to Off status under Hear text and controls on the screen.
    • On the same screen slide the Narrator option bar to Off status
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

mvelas1918, Oct 27, 2019
  6. jalea148 Win User
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

Thank you; that was it! It was 0. Changing it to 1 fixed the problem. Somebody referred to a different key - didn't help.

jalea148, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Shortcut Key to Start Narrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Shortcut

2. Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.: Please help me disable the voice of windows 11 forever because it prevent me from using the programs I work with. I wat to delete from disk and unistall this feature beause it is damaging me by preventing me from continuing my work that require Alt and Ctrl key combinations....
  3. Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Narrator start casually, impossible to disable it.: Please help me disable the voice of windows 11 forever because it prevent me from using the programs I work with. I wat to delete from disk and unistall this feature beause it is damaging me by preventing me from continuing my work that require Alt and Ctrl key combinations....
  4. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  5. Disabling shortcut keys

Disabling shortcut keys: Hi, It's been 30 years since I used Ctrl+Alt+f for typing [ .Now I can't do that anymore, as this shortcut is taken by the full screen command.I don't need the full screen command at all, but even if I would, there are plenty other ways to switch to that. What I do need...
  6. Disabling shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. enable shortcut keys on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable shortcut keys on windows 10: how do I get my F11 and F12 keys to function for the volumn? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-shortcut-keys-on-windows-10/40abc385-539b-45c4-894a-c7f312f7a539
  8. How to disable narrator in windows 10

How to disable narrator in windows 10: Hi guys, Can anyone tell me how to disable narrator in windows 10 ? Regards. 57368
  9. Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Mouse Keys lets you control the mouse pointer by using the numeric keypad on your keyboard. The keyboard shortcut to turn on and off Mouse Keys is to press the left Alt + left Shift +...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Key in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Key in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable the Windows Key in Windows 10 The keyboard shortcuts to open Windows features with. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Windows key for all users in Windows 10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow shortcut key to start narrator

2. create narrator shortuct