Windows 10: Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Shawn, my GPE entries don't look anything like what you show for this? Has there been a major change in somewhere during the last number of builds? I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Ztruker, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10

Shawn, my GPE entries don't look anything like what you show for this? Has there been a major change in somewhere during the last number of builds? I'm at 1709 16299.192.

You can see the entries on the right are nothing alike.

Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Jan 12, 2018
  2. SarahKong Win User

"Slide-to-Shutdown" screen after the most recent Windows 10 Update on Lenovo Ideapad 100S.

That is an odd one.

Here is link that talks on how to disable it see if that works.

https://pc-tablet.com/disable-slide-shutdown-fe...

SarahKong, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Disabling fast shutdown headphone is not working.

In windows 10, on disabling fast shutdown laptop speaker play sound but no sound on plugging headphone. On enabling fast shutdown and shutdown the system and start again head phone starts working.

Thanks

Shadab

ShadabJalil, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Rich, *Smile

It's still the same as in the tutorial.

Once you have selected the "System" folder in the left pane, you will need to scroll down in the right pane to see the "Display Shutdown Event Tracker" policy.

It's not in the "Display" folder.

Brink, Jan 12, 2018
  5. parsonm Win User
    Hi Shawn,
    Once this Event tracker has been set up and you have the details in the event log for the unplanned shutdown, are there any guides to help work out what is causing the PC to shut down?

parsonm, Jan 12, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Parsons, *Smile

Event shutdown tracker is basically just a way to force users to select a reason why they are restarting or shutting down the computer that gets added to the shutdown event log.

What is causing the PC to shutdown wouldn't be related to this setting unless you just wanted to know why a user shut down the PC.

You could still read the shutdown event logs below though to see if it may give more details on what caused the shut down.

*Arrow Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Brink, Jan 12, 2018
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ah, I see that now, thanks Shawn.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Shutdown Event Tracker in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Shutdown

2. spending tracker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spending tracker: I try to upgrade and it puts UK in the country, I can't change it and doesn't accept zip code. Also will the my iphone app connect with the PC version? Ed Brown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spending-tracker/05441b2c-9116-43c6-bf60-58d429689a56
  3. Shutdown Settings are disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shutdown Settings are disabled: Hello, I just upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10 and i need help with the shutdown setting being disabled here. [img] Thanks :-) 53850
  4. shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things.

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things.: how to enable hibernate. plse tell me .shutdown settings disable. how to enable these things. thanks. [img] [img] 11434
  5. Display Shutdown Event Tracker? Where is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Shutdown Event Tracker? Where is it?: My currently up to date windows 10 pro machine has been restarting very very frequently after I've left it for a goodly while, including nearly every night, and in trying to figger out why this is happening, I learned about this option, Display Shutdown Event Tracker. It's...
  6. Enable or Disable Windows Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Key in Windows 10: I almost thought this tutorial was how to disable the Activation Key in Windows *Smile Though now I read the tutorial, I think this would be a great prank. 73314
  7. Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10: Thanks Shawn! I don't use hibernate, so I opted to turn it off. It saves about 6 GB's of disk space, which makes creating system images even faster. *Smile 2859
  8. Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows: If one wanted to fully disable superfetch on SSD shouldn't it also be disabled in the registry too?: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters\EnableSuperfetch (DWORD value doesn't exist by default and to disable...
  9. Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10: Thank you so much Brink! this is just what i needed,because i have Windows 10 in an old Compaq C700 Laptop,and every five minutes of idle time,the screen turn off,the Automatic Maintenance starts,and after that when i want to use it again,the screen remains black (BSOD) and...
  10. Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10: What does it mean if I don't already have a Windows Search key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows? Will creating it do the trick, or could this setting be hiding elsewhere? Also, what is the difference between this tutorial and Cortana - Turn On...