Windows 10: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

Discus and support Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows

In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google Chrome.

When you scroll a webpage using your mouse wheel, arrow keys, or touchpad, you might notice a jerky animation. The Smooth Scrolling flag will smooth out the stutter.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable smooth scrolling in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling
    3. Select Default, Enabled, or Disabled for the Smooth Scrolling setting you want. (see screenshot below)

*note The Default setting has smooth scrolling enabled, but it could automatically disable smooth scrolling when you have too many tabs open.

Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Apr 7, 2018

2. How to disable smooth scrolling?

Hello John

I am having the same problem as Thanatica

This scrolling behaviour is unbearable for some people, it makes us feel
    dizzy after a few minutes.

Is there a way to disable this smooth scroll effect (I want to get rid of it in chrome and firefox) and I've tried every setting I can edit in the Mouse Settings panel on Windows 10

is there a thing we can do in regedit, services.msc, .. anywhere ? a hack we can download ? ANYTHING

It's AWFUL, really

When your mouse is focused on a different window, and you scroll on a background Chrome window, it works ! it doesn't do the smooth scrolling thing, but when you focus on Chrome it gets enabled..... And i've already disabled the smooth scrolling parameter
    inside google chrome (in chrome://flags/)

Please

Really, Please

RaphaelPalom, Oct 27, 2019
  3. PRince4 Win User
    PRince4, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Drone, Oct 27, 2019
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Oct 27, 2019
  6. 1nf3rn0x Win User
    1nf3rn0x, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Smooth

2. Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling, due to motion sensitivity. Thanks....
  3. Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling, due to motion sensitivity. Thanks....
  4. Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11: Hi,I can not find a way to fully turn off smooth scrolling for Windows 11. The effect gives me a headache and makes Windows difficult to use for me. I have already gone into the performance settings and turned off animations. I have also turned off animation effects in the...
  5. Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11

Disable smooth scrolling in Windows 11: Hi,I can not find a way to fully turn off smooth scrolling for Windows 11. The effect gives me a headache and makes Windows difficult to use for me. I have already gone into the performance settings and turned off animations. I have also turned off animation effects in the...
  6. Smooth scroll disable in Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smooth scroll disable in Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling and ONLY smooth scrolling!! in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling. Thanks....
  7. Smooth scroll disable in Settings app

Smooth scroll disable in Settings app: How do I disable smooth scrolling and ONLY smooth scrolling!! in the Settings app?I need this for accessibility reasons. I can't handle smooth scrolling. Thanks....
  8. Disable smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  9. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...