Windows 10: Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

Starting with activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or other activities, either on your PC or your phone. To resume your activities, Windows needs to collect your PC activity.

Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. In Timeline, a user activity is the combination of a specific app and a specific piece of content you were working on at a specific time. Each activity links right back to a webpage, document, article, playlist, or task, saving you time when you want to resume that activity later.

In addition to resuming past activities through Timeline, your personal digital assistant Cortana will suggest activities you might want to pick up where you left off (resume) to help you stay productive as you switch between your phone, laptop, and other Cortana-enabled devices. This experience is powered by the same activities that appear in Timeline.

Starting with Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud in the settings app, or you can enable it via an option provided at the bottom of Timeline. Until new users enable this setting, Timeline will only show four days of activities. (If you are upgrading from an earlier WIP flight, you may not see this option as the setting is already enabled.)

If needed, you can set a group policy in Windows 10 to allow (enable) or prevent (disable) users from being able to turn on (check) Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud for their accounts on the PC. This policy setting determines whether published User Activities can be uploaded.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Send my activity history to Microsoft feature for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud using a REG file

EXAMPLE: "Send my activity history to Microsoft" disabled in Settings

Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Local Group Policy Editor

*note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and OS Policies. (see screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of OS Policies, double click/tap on the Allow upload of User Activities policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud for All Users
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

UploadUserActivities DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Sync_activities_from_PC_to_cloud_for_all_users.reg

Download

3. To Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Sync_activities_from_PC_to_cloud_for_all_users.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 25, 2017

2. How to clear Windows 10 Sync Cloud Backup?

Hi,

You cannot delete the backed up/previously stored sync settings from the cloud storage on the PC. However, you will be able to disable certain features to not sync on cloud storage from
    Settings window on the PC.

To turn off features not sync to the cloud storage, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings window and click on Accounts.
    • From the left side panel click on Sync your settings and slide the bar to
      Off for the features you do not want to sync under Individual sync settings.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on About sync settings on Windows 10 devices:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Didn't work..!!! Sync is far out. In fact the game is ruined since am not able to buy any tokens, or upgrade any of the cars.

Antonis1966, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User
    Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

New Skype Preview is supposed to have some Android sync thing but doesn't work! *Sad

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  6. das10 Win User
    How to see Cloud Clipboard sync working on iPhone?

Sorry, I am not on version 1809 yet, but have a look here to see if it makes any sense.

Enable or Disable Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials
    and
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: How to use cloud clipboard - TechRepublic

" The problem with the feature is that it only really works with Windows 10 devices, so if you have an Android phone or an iPhone, you have no way of accessing your PC’s clipboard from your phone."

Windows 10 Will Soon Sync Your PCs Clipboard With Your Android Phone - Thurrott.com

das10, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Sync Activities from PC to Cloud in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Sync

2. Sticky notes disable cloud syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky notes disable cloud syncing: Hey, new client of mine has been deploying the old post 1607 version of sticky notes to avoid deploying the store app version, however this has now stopped working. I've looked to deploy the appx version however their concern is they want to prevent it syncing to cloud, I can...
  3. Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues/Problems with enabling, then disabling Sync: Earlier this week I enabled Sync between my 2 computers, work and home, each using up to date Windows 10. When I realized that the functionality wasn't going to be that helpful plus I didn't like all my desktop icons shared between both computers, I disabled it - using the...
  4. Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud: How to: Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications for Removing Files from Cloud How to Enable or Disable OneDrive Notifications in Windows 10 when Removing Files from Cloud Microsoft account. OneDrive is integrated into Windows 10 where you can view, browse, upload, and...
  5. Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Syncing Other Windows Settings in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school...
  6. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  7. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account...
  8. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  9. Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype in Windows 10 PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype in Windows 10 PC and Mobile: How to: Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype in Windows 10 PC and Mobile How to Enable or Disable SMS Sync with Skype Preview in Windows 10 PC and Mobile [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider build 14926, you can now send and receive SMS text messages...
  10. Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Your Settings in Windows 10 When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to your Microsoft account. If Sync...