Windows 10: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

Discus and support Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows Firefox usually does a good job most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows

Firefox usually does a good job most of the time when it comes to tab switching performance, some sites have noticeable delays between activing the tab and Firefox switching to it.

Firefox 61.0 comes with a new feature called Tab Warming that can give speedier response times when switching between tabs because Firefox is preemptively loading tabs when youre hovering over them.

Tab Warming is enabled by default in Firefox.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Tab Warming to preemptively load tabs when you hover over them in Firefox for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Firefox.

2. Type about:config into the address bar, press Enter, and click/tap on the I accept the risk button. (see screenshot below)

Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox [​IMG]

3. Copy and paste browser.tabs.remote.warmup.enabled into the search box, and press Enter. (see screenshots below step 4)

4. Double click/tap on the browser.tabs.remote.warmup.enabled setting to change its value to true (enable - default) or false (disable) for what you want. (see screenshots below)

5. You can now close this about:config tab if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 17, 2018
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Thanks, I tried the wavey site and get split second till it renders with it set enabled or disabled (restarted FF between settings).
    I'll just leave it enabled, haven't seen any downside so far.

EdKiefer, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

The link below is a test site to see if you may notice any difference.

*Arrow Wavey animation

Source: Making tab switching faster in Firefox with tab warming | Mike Conleys Blog

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. EdKiefer Win User

Are you supposed to notice a difference?
    I updated to FF 61.0 and it was set to enable, but tabs still seem to render after I click tab, not hovering.
    I can't notice any difference enabled or disabled, Though I do use Ublock and most pages load fast.

EdKiefer, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Laurijan Win User
    Firefox tabs stackable?

Hi!

I have this problem little "problem" with Firefox:

I have 9 tabs opened ready every time I start Firefox and it looks like this:

Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox nimetön.jpg

Once I start surfing reading emails and opening links the number of tabs increases fast so that in no time the tabs that doesnt fit my screen are hidden.

I would love to have an Firefox extension that enables me to stack the tab in several rows so that all tabs can be displayed but could not find one that works this way.

Laurijan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. RickC Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Tab

2. Firefox enabling permissions ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox enabling permissions ?: Having big problems trying to work out enabling permissions on Firefox for particular websites as their instructions are impossible to follow and understand. Where there was a header picture overnight on a forum it's now been removed with just a lock and a yellow exclamation...
  3. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Starting with Firefox 68,...
  4. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  5. Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox How to Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox Mozilla uses Snippets to display tips, suggestions, updates, and messages about Firefox. Some people have reported advertising displaying at the...
  6. Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox How to Enable or Disable AV1 Video Codec Support in Firefox AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) is an open, royalty-free video coding format designed for video transmissions over the Internet. It is being developed by the...
  7. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...
  8. Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Ctrl+Tab Thumbnail Previews of Tabs in Firefox Starting with Firefox 63.0, the Ctrl+Tab shortcut now displays thumbnail previews of your tabs and cycles through tabs in...
  9. Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Close Tab by Double Click in Firefox in Windows By default in Firefox, you can close a tab by clicking on the X button on the tab, pressing the Ctrl+F4 keys, or pressing the Ctrl+W...
  10. Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Always Open Bookmarks in New Tab in Firefox Quantum [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. One of...