Windows 10: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to find, see, open, and switch between your apps. You can also see the specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open.

You can also add toolbars to the taskbar. The default toolbars include Address, Links, Desktop, and any new toolbars (custom) added by the user or an application.

If you have more than one main display by default.

If you like, you can disable toolbars on the taskbar. The taskbar will not display any toolbars, and the "Toolbars" context menu is removed.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable toolbars on the taskbar for specific or all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable toolbars.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar for All Users using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Toolbars on taskbar enabled and disabled in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Local Group Policy Editor

*note In Windows 7, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two.
    1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar. (See screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of Start Menu and Taskbar, double click/tap on the Do not display any custom toolbars in the taskbar policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Toolbars on Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Toolbars on Taskbar
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

8. restart the computer to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar for All Users using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoToolbarsOnTaskbar DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    1 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Toolbars on Taskbar for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_toolbars_on_taskbar.reg

Download

3. To Disable Toolbars on Taskbar for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_toolbars_on_taskbar.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. restart the computer to apply.

8. You could now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 15, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Toolbars on taskbar showing bits of folders

I find that the easiest way to avoid that is to adjust the widths you have allowed for each Taskbar Toolbar name using this procedure -

1 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to deselect it [to unlock it]
    2 Right-click on the name of each Toolbar & untick both Show text & Show title
    3 For each Toolbar, drag its pair of double ¦¦ thingies as close together as they will go
    4 Right-click on a bit of spare space where the toolbar name would be if it was showing [it is a bit awkward but you can find a spare space in that area, try low down just to the left of the >> symbol], select Show title
    5 Right-click on any spare Taskbar area and click on lock the taskbar to select it [to lock it]

The Taskbar Toolbars should now show their names completely but none of their contents.

The TenForumsTutorials about Taskbar Toolbars are

[table][tr][td]Taskbar Toolbars - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Denis

3. Edwin Win User
    Enabled Scroll Ability for Taskbar Toolbar Menus?

QTTabBar

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Arctucas Win User

Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

I use Quick Launch Toolbar rather than Desktop Toolbar. You may add or subtract icons as you please; for example, the Recycle Bin.

Arctucas, Oct 27, 2019
  5. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 27, 2019
  6. No Jo Win User
    Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

My original thread on May 17 2018 is locked.

Toolbars missing from Taskbar in Windows 10 v1803

However here is a solution:

Remove the Language Toolbar from the Taskbar by unticking (unchecking) it in the list of Toolbars. It will then float and will not show up in your Toolbars list or on the Taskbar.

Logoffs, Restarts and full Shutdown/Poweroff/Startup will all retain the Toolbars as set.

Hope this helps someone.

No Jo, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Toolbars

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. Enabled Scroll Ability for Taskbar Toolbar Menus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabled Scroll Ability for Taskbar Toolbar Menus?: I've used the Desktop Toolbar on my taskbar for ages now. My one complaint has always been the fact that I can't scroll through the list with my mouse wheel. I have to point my cursor to the arrow at the edges of the menu for it to scroll up/down. *cry Is there any way...
  5. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...
  6. Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Rearranging Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  7. Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows How to Enable or Disable Grouping of Taskbar Buttons in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar...
  8. Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Adding and Removing Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen...
  9. Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Resizing the Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Lock the Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...