Windows 10: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

A touchscreen, or touch screen, is an input device that enables you to interact directly with what is displayed, rather than using a mouse, touchpad, or other such devices (other than a stylus, which is optional for most modern touchscreens).

If your device has a touch screen, you may want to disable and enable it as needed.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the touch screen in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable the touch screen in Device Manager.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Disable Touch Screen in Device Manager
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Expand open Human Interface Devices. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on HD-compliant touch screen, and click/tap on Disable device.

Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm.

5. When finished, you can close Device Manager if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable Touch Screen in Device Manager
    1. Open Device Manager.

3. Right click on HD-compliant touch screen, and click/tap on Enable device.

4. When finished, you can close Device Manager if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] Enable Touch Screen in Device Manager Properties
    1. Open Device Manager.

3. Double click on HD-compliant touch screen.

4. In the General tab, click/tap on the Enable Device button.

5. Click/tap on Next.

6. Click/tap on Finish.

7. Click/tap on Close.

8. When finished, you can close Device Manager if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2018
    Brink, Jun 11, 2018

2. Enable/Disable Touch Screen Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would like to suggest the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo think pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.

• Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on the Touch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 27, 2019
  3. RoyWood64 Win User
    Enable/Disable Touch Screen Windows 10 Laptop

There is no Pen and Touch option on my Lenovo 3-1480. I can double boot and it comes back. It is never on after sleep or shutdown. It is more of a problem since installation of Office 365.

RoyWood64, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

How do I Disable Touch Screen on Windows 10?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Method 1:

To disable touch screen you may try the steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows key + x.

b. Type Control Panel.

c. Go to Hardware and Sound.

d. Click onPen and touch.

e. Click thetouch tab.

f. Disable use your finger as an input.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Press the
    Windows logo key + X.

b) Select “Device Manager” from the list.

c) Click the little arrow next to “Human Interface Devices” to expand the list.

d) Click the
    touch screen driver.

e) Right-click, and select “Disable” from the list.

f) Click
    yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to
    disable the touch screen driver

Note: When you want enable touch screen follow the same process and select Enable, when right-clicking the touch screen driver.

Refer to the link for additional information.

Touch: swipe, tap, and beyond

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 27, 2019
  5. alcrash Win User
    How to enable touch screen in Windows 10?

When I take these steps I don not have: HID-compliant touch screen
    show up on my WIN 10 Dell 15

How do I get that?

alcrash, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Touch screen disabled in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Try to run a inbuilt
    Hardware troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    Method 2.Try updating the Touch screen drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the touch Screendrivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Touch Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Touch

2. How to enable touch screen in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable touch screen in windows 8.1: Hello,i have a only touch screen laptop that touch screen does work on recovery options but not on oobe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-touch-screen-in-windows-81/6d0acf99-b14f-484e-8527-fb1b220a1f3a
  3. How to enable touch screen in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable touch screen in windows 8.1: Hello,i have a only touch screen laptop that touch screen does work on recovery options but not on oobe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-touch-screen-in-windows-81/6d0acf99-b14f-484e-8527-fb1b220a1f3a
  4. How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.: I have tried disabling the touch screen through the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices . HID - Compliant touch screen. There is only one option and no other ones are available to disable. I have restarted my computer after doing it.I have tried this on TWO different...
  5. How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable and enable touch screen? Not permanently. HID method not working.: I have tried disabling the touch screen through the Device Manager > Human Interface Devices . HID - Compliant touch screen. There is only one option and no other ones are available to disable. I have restarted my computer after doing it.I have tried this on TWO different...
  6. How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off the tablet PC’s touch input, here […] This article How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Touch Screen Functions disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Screen Functions disabled: I just got a new touch screen laptop then I changed the version from the latest windows 10 1909 to 2019 version of 1809 windows 10. After I switched then moved my finger on the screen nothing happened, and my narrator read nothing. The touch screen function has disabled, and...
  8. Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touch by Finger in Windows 10 If you have a touch screen in Windows 10, users can specify whether touch input is enabled or disabled for their account on the PC. This tutorial will show...
  9. Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Standard Keyboard for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial is no longer valid in Windows 10. The Full (standard) layout is now included in the Touch Keyboard by default to select. *Arrow How to Change Layout of Touch...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...