Windows 10: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows When administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

How to Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no malicious software can be silently installed or run.

With the Always notify or Default secure desktop when you get an elevation request by the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

A user that is a member of the Administrators group can log on, browse the Web, and read e-mail while using a standard user access token. When the administrator needs to perform a task that requires the administrator access token, Windows 10 automatically prompts the user for Y/N approval. This prompt is called an elevation prompt for UAC consent prompt.

The user experience for standard users is different from that of administrators in Admin Approval Mode. The recommended and more secure method of running Windows 10 is to make your primary user account a standard user account. Running as a standard user helps to maximize security for a managed environment. With the built-in UAC elevation component, standard users can easily perform an administrative task by entering valid credentials for a local administrator account. The default, built-in UAC elevation component for standard users is the UAC credential prompt.

See also: How User Account Control works (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

The User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode security policy determines the behavior of all User Account Control (UAC) policies for the entire system. This is the setting that turns UAC on or off.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable User Account Control (UAC) for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable User Account Control (UAC).

Enabling UAC using the method in this tutorial will not enable UAC for the built-in Administrator account.

Disabling User Account Control (UAC) will put your computer at a higher security risk.

Contents
    • Option One: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Local Security Policy
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) using a REG file

EXAMPLE: User Account Control (UAC) prompt when enabled

Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Local Security Policy
    The Local Security Policy is only available in the Windows 7/8/10 Pro, Windows 7/8/10 Enterprise, and Windows 10 Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1 Open the Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2 Expand open Local Policies and Security Options in the left pane of Local Security Policy, and double click/tap on the User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode policy to edit it. (see screenshot below)

3 Do step 4 (enable) or step 5 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

4 To Enable User Account Control (UAC)
    This is the default setting.

A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5 To Disable User Account Control (UAC)
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

6 When finished, close the Local Security Policy window.

7 Restart the computer to apply. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) using a REG file
    The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

EnableLUA DWORD

0 = Disable
    1 = Enable

1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Enable User Account Control (UAC)
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_UAC.reg

Download

3 To Disable User Account Control (UAC)
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_UAC.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 Restart the computer to apply. (see screenshots below)

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2018
  2. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

User Account Control - Notification in Windows 10 Action Center "UAC is disabled".

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue. Sorry for the late reply.

I would like to inform you that as of now there is no option in Windows 10 to disable the warning message or notification regarding User Account Control getting disabled on the computer. As User Account Control settings should be enabled and it is essential
    for proper function of apps and system functionalities.
    User Account Control (UAC) can help you prevent unauthorized changes to your computer.

I suggest you to post your feedback and suggestion regarding the issue in the Windows Feedback app.

Please get back to us with an update on disabling UAC notification, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Bill Smithers, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Unable to Turn On User Account Control

Hi Nicky,

User Account Control (UAC) is a feature that was designed to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. For us to isolate the issue, we suggest
    that you follow these steps to enable the User Account Control (UAC):

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Security and Maintenance.
    • On the left pane, click on Change User Account Control settings.
    • The Slider should be set to the 3rd option from the bottom.
    • Click on OK button.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows

1. Enable or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable User

2. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  3. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program: sorry my English is badIs there a way to disable UACuser Account Control in Windows 10 for just one program?So, I want to play games via Steam Link, but when i start the game, it nothing happenbut it played. Steam Link fail to start the game because of UAC blocking all...
  4. How To Disable UAC User Account Control for specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11: Every time I want to use the option to control my computer the NO option comes up.How do I cure this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-is-disabled-in-uac-user-account-control/be21c9b4-4fe5-43f5-8c92-6fefbbf72f33
  6. Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yes button is disabled in UAC User Account Control In Win 11: Every time I want to use the option to control my computer the NO option comes up.How do I cure this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-button-is-disabled-in-uac-user-account-control/be21c9b4-4fe5-43f5-8c92-6fefbbf72f33
  7. User Account Control UAC pin requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control UAC pin requirement?: Hi,Every time my daughter needs to take a exam thru Respondus, Inc Lockdown Brower application, a pop-up message from User Account Control shows up on the desktop. It mentions: to continue enter an admin user name and pin. Is there any way I can disable the pin requirement...
  8. UAC User Account Control

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC User Account Control: Hello, I lost my UAC password, how can I reset it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uac-user-account-control/7def82c3-79cf-4843-8489-7dca9434c4b1
  9. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  10. Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable the User Account Control (UAC) for a specific program: I have a program which I want to run every time at startup, and it needs to run with Administrator privileges. I created a ".bat" script, with the following command: powershell -Command "Start-Process 'c:\Program Files (x86)\2BrightSparks\SyncBackPro\SyncBackPro.exe' "...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account