Windows 10: Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Of course another great tutorial Brink. *Wink It may be just me but I personally hate batch files for modifying registry keys. *Wink Thanks again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jerry06, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

Of course another great tutorial Brink. *Wink It may be just me but I personally hate batch files for modifying registry keys. *Wink

Thanks again for the great tutorial.

:)

Jerry06, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Bruce Hagen, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome Jerry. *Smile

Yeah, I had to use a .bat file instead of a .reg file since it requires elevated rights to change the HKLM registry key and value, and explorer needs to restart to apply. A .bat file was an easy way to have it all done automatically.

Brink, Jul 24, 2017
  5. tcebob Win User
    I'm glad to report that all is OK now. I had to reboot and the menus are good.

Thanks!

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
  6. tcebob Win User
    My system suddenly went to wide menus for no apparent reason. I just downloaded the batch file and applied it. Unfortunately it didn't work -- and I assume it did work last July. Here's a shot. Any ideas?
    Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 [​IMG]

tcebob, Apr 8, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Bob, *Smile

I just checked on build 17639, and it appears to still be working for me.

The context menu width will always automatically adjust to the text in it. If enabled, the text should appear a bit darker to help tell the difference.

It appears that you are using a custom skin or context menu though since that it not how the context menu looks like by default in Windows 10.

Brink, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Wide

2. Context Menus - (Inconsistencies)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context Menus - (Inconsistencies): If you're not keen on the 'larger' spacing on some Explorer right click context menus, or, have applied a different 'text size' and, perhaps applied 'Bold' but find that the modifications do not adhere, here's a quick Registry modification to fix that. If you are...
  3. Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers

Windows 10 Context Menus not the Same - 2 Computers: Hi, I am quite interested if anyone has any feedback on this. I have 2 different Windows 10 machines... 1. A clean install of Windows 10. 2. An upgrade from Windows 7. The right-click context menus are very different on each. I have imported the same themes and...
  4. How to change Start menu context menus

How to change Start menu context menus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done? 72869
  5. windows 10 context menus have huge padding

windows 10 context menus have huge padding: The new W10 insider build context menus have huge paddings. In the netbook, the taskbar context menu almost cover the entire height of the screen and the start menu context menu overflows and shows arrows to scroll. Is there a way to make them more compact like in RTM 24404
  6. Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar & Context Menus not displaying correctly: This problem occurred after updating some programs using Secunia's PSI, although I don't believe the updates caused this (more later). Problems seen: Taskbar & its icons are displayed in a corrupted form (see screenshot) Date/Time is missing from the Notification area of...
  7. Context menus opening to the left

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menus opening to the left: .... instead of to the right, like they're SUPPOSED to. [img] 72316
  8. Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10: Thanks Shawn! I don't use hibernate, so I opted to turn it off. It saves about 6 GB's of disk space, which makes creating system images even faster. *Smile 2859
  9. Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10: What does it mean if I don't already have a Windows Search key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows? Will creating it do the trick, or could this setting be hiding elsewhere? Also, what is the difference between this tutorial and Cortana - Turn On...
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar Context Menu Too Wide: Please see the screenshot:: Screenshot by Lightshot Also you can notice that the icons are not very easy to see. I was wondering if you could help me? I've tried everything. Also not sure if my font is the default font even though it is when I go into Chrome...