Windows 10: Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in Windows 10

The Game DVR is a feature of the Xbox app that lets you use the Game bar (Win+G) to record and share game clips and screenshots in Windows 10. However, you can also use the Game bar to record videos and take screenshots of any app in Windows 10.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting features of Game DVR, Game bar, and broadcasting for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting

Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in Local Group Policy Editor
    *note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option TWO below.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting

3. In the right pane of Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

*note Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR

AllowgameDVR DWORD

(delete) = Enable
    0 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Game_Recording_and_Broadcasting.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Game_Recording_and_Broadcasting.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 19, 2018
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

windows broadcasting

Hi ToddBrooks,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• How are you broadcasting?
    • Are you receiving any error code along with the error message?
    • Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)

You can check if the Broadcast option is enabled under Settings. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Gaming > Click on
      Game bar.
    3. In the right pane, turn on the slider under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar”.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Microsoft article on ‘Why
    can't I broadcast my game?
    andplease provide a screenshot of the window, so that we can have a better understanding on this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the
    screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

If you need further assistance, please respond to the above questions, so that we can narrow down the issue.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Error: Cannot record/broadcast right now please try again later, while trying to broadcast

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using Game bar to record or broadcast?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Were you able to record or broadcast previously on the PC?

If you are using Game Bar to record or broadcast, then refer to the article

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't broadcast via the game bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you receiving any error message or error code?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I suggest you to follow this article

Why can't I broadcast my game?
    , and
    Broadcast your game with Mixer on Windows 10
    , I also recommend you to refer this article

Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10
    , check if that work.

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Cannot broadcast with Game Bar even after enabling it in settings

I can record with or without game mode, its just broadcasting refuses to work. I don't even get the menu with all the options, I just get a pop up that says "loading" then it tells me to change my settings, even though broadcasting is already enabled.

silverteeth, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Windows Game Recording & Broadcasting in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Game

2. Xbox game bar "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" automatically...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox game bar "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" automatically...: [ATTACH] I tried the registry editor solution, however when I reboot, the values I set in the GameDVR have reset. . if anyone can help please https://preview.redd.it/rtdb1hpj2b861.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=71d647d5bfea9b3840824eb222c1c710565a9b81 submitted...
  3. Broadcasting on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcasting on Windows 10: Applies to Windows 10 & Gaming on Windows 10 As of October 2019 the broadcasting option that was once found in the Game to broadcast to Mixer was removed. Microsoft/Xbox wanted to remove this feature to enable them to improve the performance and make way for new...
  4. Game Bar broadcasting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar broadcasting?: I'm trying to broadcast a game so a friend, on xbox who I'm in a party with, can see it. I'm not seeing a broadcast button anywhere, and I have the setting for recording and captures on. I can record easily, just not broadcast. I turned my xbox off just in case it was...
  5. Broadcasting problems in the Windows 10 game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcasting problems in the Windows 10 game bar: Hi. I am a Windows 10 Mixer live-streamer and there has been some problems in the game bar for about a month. When you try to broadcast is says: Broadcasting is not working right now. Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later. I do not know what is going on. It has...
  6. game dvr broadcast

in Windows 10 Support
    game dvr broadcast: this pops up each boot, can't find where it is even with winpatrol telling me where it is, i have winpatrol stop it but it is getting annoying, seems to be a microsoft something, don't know why it has started, how can it be deleted or stopped, i am thinking i can let it start...
  7. "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar" will not stay on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar" will not stay on.: When I am in the Game bar settings I go to turn on "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar" and as soon as I click away from that screen and go back to it, the switch is turned off again. Why will the toggle not stay on? [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot broadcast with Game Bar even after enabling it in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot broadcast with Game Bar even after enabling it in settings: Hello, I'm trying to broadcast with Game Bar to Mixer and I cannot get it to work. When I try to hit "Broadcast" in the Game Bar I get a pop up that says "Loading..." and it then tells me to change my Xbox settings. I later discovered that I had to enable broadcasting in my...
  9. Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows How to Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Steps Recorder for all...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update Will Enable Any Gamer to Broadcast

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update Will Enable Any Gamer to Broadcast: [img] Today, at an event in New York City, Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 Creators Update, a free update coming in early 2017 with a host of new features that empower people to create and share their experiences with others. For gamers, the Windows 10 Creators Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to enable or disable windows game recording and broadcasting in windows 10