Windows 10: Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by fracking4oil, May 26, 2015.

1. Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can try out the new Windows Ink experience for yourself. Windows Ink puts the power of Windows in the tip of your pen, enabling you to write on your device as you do on paper, creating sticky notes, drawing on a whiteboard, and easily sharing your analog thoughts in the digital world. Windows Ink is also integrated into apps like Maps, Microsoft Edge, and Office.

Windows Ink Workspace will show (advertise) suggested apps by default to users that they may want to use with Windows Ink.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable suggested apps in Windows Ink Workspace for you or all users in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User in Settings
    • Option Two: To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User using a REG file
    • Option Three: To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users using Group Policy
    • Option Four: To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Suggested apps enabled and disabled in Windows Ink Workspace

OPTION ONE [/i] To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User in Settings

Note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 14965.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Pen & Windows Ink on the left side, and check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Show recommended app suggestions under Windows Ink Workspace on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PenWorkspace

PenWorkspaceAppSuggestionsEnabled DWORD

1 = enable
    0 = disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Ink_Workspace_app_suggestions_for_current_user.reg

Download

3. To Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for Current User
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Ink_Workspace_app_suggestions_for_current_user.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users using Group Policy

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

This option will override Option One and Option Two.

Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the location below. (see screenshot below)

Note Be sure to use the second listed Windows Ink Workspace. The first one will not work.

*Arrow Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Ink Workspace

3. In the right pane of the second listed Windows Ink Workspace in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the Allow suggested apps in Windows Ink Workspace policy to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (enable) or step 6 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Enable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace
    A) Select (dot) Not Configured or Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace
    A) Select (dot) Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Enable or Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users using a REG file

Note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

This option will override Option One and Option Two.

The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsInkWorkspace

AllowSuggestedAppsInWindowsInkWorkspace DWORD

(delete) = enable
    0 = disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users
    NOTE: This is the default setting.

Enable_suggested_apps_in_Windows_Ink_Workspace_for_all_users.reg

Download

3. To Disable Suggested Apps in Windows Ink Workspace for All Users

Disable_suggested_apps_in_Windows_Ink_Workspace_for_all_users.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

fracking4oil, May 26, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Windows Ink Workspace - Reset/Clearing Contents Programmatically

Hi Robert,

Windows Ink Workspace is part of the system icons. Just like the Start button, the process of Windows Ink Workspace is not going to present in Task Manager. If do not want your users to use the Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you disable it. You
    can disable Windows Ink Workspace by following these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Personalization.
    • On the left pane, choose Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Locate Windows Ink Workspace, and then click the slider to turn it off.
    • You will now notice that the Windows Ink Workspace is gone from the Taskbar.

If you still want to have a function that will allow you to automatically reset or clear the contents of Windows Ink Workspace, we recommend that you post your suggested function using the Feedback Hub like what was mentioned by
    Erika Aro so that our Engineers can look into it and release your suggested feature on the next update of Windows 10.

Regards.

Argel Obm, Oct 26, 2019
  3. lx07 Win User
    Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10

If you install in a Hyper-V VM it is also enabled by default (that may be a bug I suppose).

Thanks for this though, it is useful - another one for my list Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 :)

4. Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10

"Show windows ink workspace button" is greyed out and I was wondering if you know how to enable it?

Kindly refer to the steps below and see if it helps. These steps will be for enabling Windows Ink Workspace using Group Policy.

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Select Computer Configuration.
    • Expand the following path: Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows Ink Workspace.
      Note: It's worth pointing out that is you see two " Windows Ink Workspace" entries, you must choose to configure the second one. Otherwise, the instructions will not work.
    • On the right side, double-click the Allow Windows Ink Workspace setting.
    • Check the Enabled option.
    • Under Options, select Enabled from the drop-down menu.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer to see the new changes.

Do update us if it works.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows Ink Workspace it saves a Blank Black screen

Hhmmm. That's odd.

Let's see if the same issue will persist when we try to disable, then re-enable it. This may give the Windows Ink Workspace a little push.

• Press the Windows + R keys from the keyboard to launch the
      Run dialog window.
    • Type gpedit.msc, then press the Enter key from the keyboard to launch the
      Group Policy Editor.
    • Navigate to this path on the left side of the pane: Computer Configuration
      > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
      Windows Ink Workspace.
    • Double-click Allow Windows Ink Workspace to open its properties.
    • Tick Enabled.
    • Select Disabled from the drop-down menu under Options.
    • Click OK, then Apply.
    • Reboot your PC.

Re-enabling it, you'll just have to choose Enabled again from the drop-down list, then reboot your PC again.

Let us know how it goes.

Michelle Her, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows Ink Workspace on non-touch systems

I've been having an issue with Windows Ink Workspace on my desktop since the Anniversary update.

Like a lot of people, I was looking forward to using some of the powerful features on my desktop. However, by default it doesn't show because my system is non-touch. I use it on my Surface device and find it really useful. So I
    WANT it.

For months I've been using the workaround:

1. Type "Windows Ink Workspace" in the search bar
    2. Select "Windows Ink Workspace Settings" and then you select "Learn about Windows Ink"
    3. This opens a new window which helpfully has a Link to open the Windows Ink Workspace
    4. The problem is, as soon as you finish using whatever tool from the Workspace, it closes and you have to repeat the whole process

Solution! I may have been slow and others may have figured this out previously … but if so, a sarcastic thank-you for posting the solution Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 :D

So I just discovered this this morning.

1. Right click anywhere on the task bar and select "Taskbar Settings" on the pop-up
    2. Scroll down to Notification Area and select "Turn system icons on or off"
    3. Turn on the Windows Ink Workspace switch, done!
    I hope this helps xD

TomFilipcic, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace Suggested Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Ink

2. Window ink workspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window ink workspace: Last couple days when I try to open whiteboard from workspace it don't make anything. But recently I was using this workspace a lot. I tried to reinstalling it but it didn't changed....
  3. Window ink workspace

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window ink workspace: Last couple days when I try to open whiteboard from workspace it don't make anything. But recently I was using this workspace a lot. I tried to reinstalling it but it didn't changed....
  4. Windows ink workspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ink workspace: I want to disable this program. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ink-workspace/4d79b423-0414-4b07-bdf6-65aaa62b59a7
  5. deleting windows ink workspace

deleting windows ink workspace: All of a sudden this morning this windows ink workspace showed up. It's annoying and I'd like to get rid of it but I can't find any answers as to how to do that...
  6. Customizing Windows Ink Workspace

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customizing Windows Ink Workspace: Has anybody figured out how to add programs/apps to Windows Ink Workspace? The newest version only has links to screen snip and whiteboard, and I'd love a way to get the old version back without having to downgrade my OS. I've been looking online to no avail, any help or...
  7. Old Windows Ink Workspace

Old Windows Ink Workspace: Is there any way to get back to the old Windows Ink Workspace? I've found the new one to be slower and less responsive than the old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-windows-ink-workspace/58e75889-94d2-4858-91ae-f315fd2f585c
  8. Stylus and windows Ink workspace

in Windows 10 Support
    Stylus and windows Ink workspace: I recently purchased an HP laptop that came with a pen stylus with which I can write on th screen directly into applications How come this stylus does not work with my other (older) HP laptop or Lenovo laptop that has the windows 10 (updated) with windows ink workspace? Do...
  9. Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, users will occasionally see app suggestions on Start such as Candy Age of Empires: Castle Siege, Asphalt 8: Airborne, Candy Crush Soda Saga, FarmVille2: Country Escape,...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Ink Workspace in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, you can try out the new Windows Ink experience for yourself. Windows Ink...