Windows 10: Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by BlackForrest, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose and better understand the security features already protecting you on your Windows 10 device.

Windows Defender Security Center has seven areas that protect your device and let you specify how you want your device protected:
    • sign-in to Microsoft OneDrive.
    • Account protection - Makes it easier for users to protect their identity when signing in to Windows with the new Account Protection pillar in Windows Defender Security Center. Account Protection will encourage password users to set up Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint or PIN for faster sign in, and will notify Dynamic lock users if Dynamic lock has stopped working because their phone or device Bluetooth is off.
    • Firewall & network protection - Has information and access to firewall settings, including Windows Defender Firewall.
    • Exploit protection mitigations.
    • Device security - Provides access to built-in device security settings.
    • Device performance & health - Has information about drivers, storage space, and general Windows Update issues.
    • Family options - Includes access to parental controls along with tips and information for keeping kids safe online.
    This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Windows Security app for all users in Windows 10.

Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Note Windows Defender AV and the Windows Security app use similarly named services for specific purposes.

The Windows Security app uses the Windows Security Service (SecurityHealthService or Windows Security Health Service), which in turn utilizes the Security Center service (wscsvc) to ensure the app provides the most up-to-date information about the protection status on the endpoint, including protection offered by third-party antivirus products, Windows Defender Firewall, third-party firewalls, and other security protection.

These services do not affect the state of Windows Defender AV. Disabling or modifying these services will not disable Windows Defender AV, and will lead to a lowered protection state on the endpoint, even if you are using a third-party antivirus product.

Windows Defender AV will be disabled automatically when a third-party antivirus product is installed and kept up to date.

Disabling the Windows Security Center service will not disable Windows Defender AV or Windows Defender Firewall.

Warning It is highly recommended to not disable the Windows Security app.

This will significantly lower the protection of your device and could lead to malware infection.

EXAMPLE: Windows Security

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

(Windows Defender Security Center Service)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService

(Security Center service)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc

Start DWORD

2 = Enable
    4 = Disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Windows Defender Security Center for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download

3. To Disable Windows Defender Security Center for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Windows_Defender_Security_Center.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Restart the computer to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

BlackForrest, Sep 15, 2017

2. windows security center disabled...

windows security center disabled????????

i just installed windows defender on my computer (freshly formated new hard drive about 2 weeks ago) and it would not update because the security center was not running. so i went to msconfig and it was not in the services list so i went to services.msc and it was disabled. so i changed it to automatic and started it. after rebooting it was still running, so i restarted it again and it was disabled again, so i renabled it again. and when i went to the security center in control pannel it looked like this

Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 Untitled-1-3.jpg

i had to enable the windows firewall too. but it says that automatic updates are turned off, so i went to change it and it said that it was on...???...???? i did the fast format this time cause i didnt want to wait for 500gb to format *Big Grin Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 :D and i have noticed a few other quirks mainly my audigy 4 pro software acting funny time to time. do you think that i have a virus or something of that nature? i will put AVG on here tomorrow and maybe adaware. i have never had a virus so i didnt see any need for anti virus and or spyware programs eating up resources. but i am puzzled as to why my services are automatically shutting down...

acousticlemur, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Oct 27, 2019
  5. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Windows Security in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Security

2. Enable or Disable Hyperthreading for Security / Performance?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enable or Disable Hyperthreading for Security / Performance?: I've installed the latest microcode updates for the i7-4500U CPU on my laptop - KB4497165 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1903 - June 18 The referenced article (ADV190013 | Microsoft Guidance to mitigate Microarchitectural Data Sampling vulnerabilities) states To be...
  3. Enable or Disable Security Questions for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Security Questions for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Security Questions for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Use of Security Questions for Local Accounts in Windows 10 Starting with local accounts in Windows 10. Security questions will provide an extra layer of protection...
  4. Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a controlled...
  5. Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Notifications from Windows Security in Windows 10 In Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center app, which brings together common Windows security features into one...
  6. Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Timeline in Windows 10 Timeline is now available in Windows 10 starting with build 17063. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget...
  7. Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of...
  8. Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10: How to: Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 How to Check if Secure Boot is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is...
  9. Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC: How to: Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC How to Enable or Disable Secure Boot on Windows 10 PC Secure Boot is a security standard developed by members of the PC industry to help make sure that your PC boots using only software that is trusted by the PC...
  10. Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Secure Sign-in with Ctrl+Alt+Delete in Windows 10 [img] Information It's important to keep your PC as secure as possible. One way to do this is to enable secure...