Windows 10: Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10

How to: Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10

How to Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10

Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note This tutorial is no longer valid.

The set default tab feature is enabled by default now in Task Manager.

*Arrow Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10

Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10.

Starting with Windows Insiders, as a part of A/B testing, can now set a preferred tab to have Task Manager open to by default.

If you were included in this A/B testing, then you are already good to go to use the set default tab feature in Task Manager.

If you were not included in this A/B testing, then you can use Mach2 by Rafael Rivera to enable the "Set default tab" feature in Task Manager.

Mach2 manages the Windows Feature Store, where Features (and associated on/off state) live. This store lives in the undocumented Windows Notification Facililty (WNF), which provides publish-subscribe messaging for kernel components, system services, and user-space applications. Windows currently contains thousands of Feature switches that turn on and off new and unfinished functionality, mitigations, test hooks, and overrides. Mach2 provides facilities to discover these switches and turn them on or off.

This tutorial will show you how to enable the new Set default tab feature in Task Manager for all users in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable this feature with Mach2.

*note This will not work on the Windows 10 Enterprise edition.

Warning It is recommended that you system image before enabling the experimental Set default tab feature in Task Manager.

This way if forcing to enable this feature causes any issues on your system, you will be able to easily undo it.

EXAMPLE: "Set default tab" feature in Task Manager

Here's How:

1. Close Task Manager if open.

2. Click/tap on the Download button below to go download the 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) version of Mach2 for your system from its official GitHub page. (see screenshot below)
    Download

3. Save the mach2_0.3.0.0_x64.zip file to your desktop.

4. Unblock the downloaded mach2_0.3.0.0_x64.zip file.

5. Right click or press and hold on the mach2_0.3.0.0_x64.zip file, click/tap on Extract all, and click/tap on Extract. (see screenshots below)

6. In the extracted mach2_0.3.0.0_x64 folder, click/tap on the Home tab, select the mach2.exe file, and click/tap on Copy path in the Ribbon. (see screenshot below)

7. Open an elevated command prompt.

8. Press Ctrl+V to paste the full path of the mach2.exe file from step 6 into the elevated command prompt. (see screenshot below step 9)

9. Add a space after the full path, type enable 19349505, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

For example: "C:\Users\Brink\Desktop\mach2_0.3.0.0_x64\mach2.exe" enable 19349505

10. Open Set default tab feature.

11. If you like, you can now delete the mach2_0.3.0.0_x64.zip file and mach2_0.3.0.0_x64 folder on your desktop.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 6, 2018

2. Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Task Manager

How to upgrade my windows build please?

samerrustom, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Task Manager

Dear all, As you can see from the attached screenshot that the set as is grayed out.

samerrustom, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Task Manager

Tutorial updated to add option 2 to set default tab for Task Manager using a .reg file. *Smile

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 Task Manager to Get GPU Utilization Tab

Microsoft is working on an update to Windows 10, which among several other things, adds a GPU utilization tab to Task Manager. You will be able to monitor each individual GPU in your machine, and Task Manager will give you live utilization stats for the GPU's 3D load, Video hardware-acceleration (encode/decode) load, dedicated memory usage, shared memory usage, and basic driver information such as driver version and date. For now the update is part of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226; and will make it to the main-release in the coming months.

Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 72c4e559f706_thm.jpg

Source: Windows Blog

btarunr, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Task Manager

Currently, it's only available in builds for Windows Insiders if you wanted to start getting Insider builds, but it will be available to the public sometime late in this month of May.

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Set Default Tab Feature for Task Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Set Default

2. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  3. Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing apps in Startup Tab at Task Manager and Settings: After updating my Window OS from 1909 to 20H2, few of my apps went missing in the startup menu like steam, discord, and other. Programs like Phone, Intel Corporation and the likes are still there. Anyone knows the reason as to why it’s happening and how to solve it?...
  4. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  5. Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager?: Is there a default setting for 'services' in 'task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-default-setting-for-services-in-task/ff781842-69ea-439d-9f59-d52ebd9e6c15
  6. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  7. Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Set a default Task Manager tab: Windows 10 users may set a default Task Manager tab in the next feature update for the operating system. Microsoft modified the Task Manager in Windows 10; the company added features to the Task Manager, e.g. to display the GPU performance or process groups. Other changes,...
  8. Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10. When you open...
  9. Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10 How to Set Default Tab for Task Manager in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10....
  10. Windows 10 - task manager - details tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - task manager - details tab: hello, i have a lot going on in the 'details' tab in my task manager, i was wondering what a standard details tab list for windows 10 would look like so i can narrow down which processes i don't need. 58238

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager add set default tab