Windows 10: Enable spell check

Discus and support Enable spell check in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, i have English version of Windows 10 installed. I want to enable spell check (proofing) in Microsoft Word. If I install language pack from... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by juuki, Jan 2, 2018.

1. juuki Win User

Enable spell check

Hi,

i have English version of Windows 10 installed. I want to enable spell check (proofing) in Microsoft Word. If I install language pack from "region and language" settings (Croatian language, default language) will it "translate" windows from English to Croatian?

Thanks

:)

juuki, Jan 2, 2018

2. Spell Check disabled on Windows 10.

Original Title: Spell Check

Google made changes I have lost access to spell check. How to I re enable it?

JeffreyMcDowell, Jan 2, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Enable spell check on Windows 10 OneNote

This thread is about spell check in OneNote, not Word. You're off-topic, in other words. Click on "Ask a Question" at the top of the page and start a new thread in the appropriate category.

JimWynne, Jan 2, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Enable spell check

Hi juuki and welcome to Ten forums!

Proofing in MS Word (Office) is independent from Windows proofing. You can download proofing languages from Microsoft, but method is dependent on version.

For Office 2016, 2010 and 2003 you can download necessary files from here:

*Arrow support.office.com | Language-Accessory-Pack-for-Office

For other apps in Windows 10, enable spelling in Settings. You can also download language pack (and change Windows language in Croatian).

Post back what you want and we'll point you to tutorials here

*Arrow tutorials | language-add-remove-change-windows-10

Spelling *Arrow tutorials | turn-off-spell-checking-windows-10

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2018
  5. juuki Win User
    I want install and enable proofing for MS Word (Office) as the proofing for other apps in Windows 10.

If i install language pack for Office will it translate Office from English to Croatian?

Spelling in windows settings is enabled (Settings-Devices-Typing all turned ON). But it does not work. I tested it in notepad.
    In Chrome proofing is working because it is installed and enabled with Chrome settings.

My question is do i need to install language pack to make proofing work and if i install language pack will it translate windows from English to Croatian?

juuki, Jan 2, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    You can do all of the above.

After you install desired language pack, you can set display language and proofing language. Set this in Options (Open Word, select file and then
    click on Options. You'll see a windows like in the picture below...

For Windows spell checking - it only works in few apps (Edge, Mail, and some apps, which you get from Store). No spell checking in Notepad and older type of apps.

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2018
  7. juuki Win User
    Thanks for explanation. In this case i will only install language pack for Office.

juuki, Jan 2, 2018
  8. AndreTen Win User

Enable spell check

About Windows language... switching between languages is really quick and simple..

One general comment... before any major update or change, make a system backup (Macrium reflect free is great and quick)

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2018
  9. juuki Win User
    Thanks for advice, i will try it definitely.
    And one more thanks for explaining how language pack works!

juuki, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Enable spell check

1. Enable spell check - Similar Threads - Enable spell check

2. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  3. Spell check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell check: My spell checker isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/37364c2d-ee91-44bf-ad01-b853a91329e3
  4. Spell Check

Spell Check: Spell Check does not work in my Gmail,in web browser. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers. Note,Spell Check DOES work on this Microsoft Community forum! Thanks, A.W....
  5. Spell Check

Spell Check: Hello, My Spell Check is not working on Windows 10. I need help,please step by step details,please,as I am not good with computers. Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/5d67117c-2067-4e12-acf7-edf6a9552006
  6. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  7. Spell Check

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spell Check: For Wordpad and Notepad on Windows 10, is there a good spell checker to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/638b0279-f8fa-4180-ae28-e2d1f58d11c1"
  8. spell check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spell check: Do I have to pay for spell check? I can't even open a word document without it saying it has to close. It says some features are disabled. then tells me to repair or close and it still closes and I can't ever use it I just use word pad and I am a bad speller. I thought it was...
  9. spell check

spell check: I went to documents , word pad and cant find spell check. a ideas? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/ad261a61-5836-4e22-a9fe-0d92381deb53
  10. Spell Check Enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Check Enabled but not working: Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there...