Windows 10: Enable virtualization in bios :/

Discus and support Enable virtualization in bios :/ in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Used this tool, Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center No go VMware said the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Enable virtualization in bios :/

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014

2. Error while Installing Emulator for Visual Studio in Windows 10

Is Virtualization enabled in the BIOS?

Andre Da Costa, Nov 15, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Nov 15, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Enable virtualization in bios :/

At boot, you need to engage the appropriate key to enter your bios menu and navigate to the area that may or may not have a setting, similar to the one in the screenshot, to enable virtualization.

Enable virtualization in bios :/ [​IMG]

... then enable Hyper-V in Windows features:

Enable virtualization in bios :/ [​IMG]

Settings on your machine will be different than mine but these are just examples.
    Hope this helps.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2014
  5. Thank you I'll give that a look-see *Smile

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  6. Nothing listed in bios ?
    Attachment 8350
    Attachment 8351

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    What about 'Advanced BIOS Features'?

Edwin, Nov 15, 2014
  8. Enable virtualization in bios :/

Nothing there either and I looked at all section and nothing pointed to anything related to hyper-v or virtualizations *Sad

I did install x86 10TP x86 it seems okay but I have no idea if I'm supposed to create a new partition to install 10 on via the custom install options or use the default install *Confused
    8 tutorial only says install as you normally would via a clean install ?
    win-10 is downloaded to my videos folder on C on win-7 :/
    vmplayer is installed in C programs x86 folder
    Pretty lost now *Smile
    VMware Player - Install Windows 8

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Choice is yours, it's easier on a VM but more stable and real as a dual boot.

EDIT: You got lots of disk space? (Maybe post a shot of disk management)

Edwin, Nov 15, 2014
  10. Yes space is not a large issue but win-10 messes with the system reserved partition and it's pain to clean up after because 10 always wants to change boot defaults and or default os from win-7 on every update/ new build...

VMware I was under the false impression was supposed to manage all of this booting stuff via simply opening VMware and install win-10 in a single folder where the iso existed
    Allowing that folder to be 60gigs via the tutorials size recommend ?

But yes even with VMware it seems like nothing but a dual boot but only using a 32 version of win-10 :/
    This kind of bites ?

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  11. I'm not dual booting on the same ssd as win-7 is on anymore :/

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  12. derekimo Win User
    I think you are getting confused Mike, VM's are nothing like a dual boot.

Everything, the partition you create and the entire OS are all done within the VMware program and are just a folder inside your current OS.

VMware Player - Install Windows 8

derekimo, Nov 15, 2014
  13. Enable virtualization in bios :/

Thanks seems like the 10 x86 might not be worth messing with anyway
    Display is seriously too small judging from the install screen in vm it's pitifully small just over half a 1600 wide screen :/

I'll just wait and see about adding a dual ssd and install the 10 64 bit version as dual boot later
    Thanks for the help guys *Thumbs
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Nov 15, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    If you can spare 100GB on your HDD, cut a partition and custom install WTP to that location; that'll be more than enough room to play with the Preview.

Edwin, Nov 15, 2014
  15. derekimo Win User
    We have dueling threads going on here.
    @Edwin, he is trying to avoid a previous experience with a dual boot, so trying the VM route.

Mike Your window size question was answered over on EF.

derekimo, Nov 15, 2014
Thema:

Enable virtualization in bios :/

1. Enable virtualization in bios :/ - Similar Threads - Enable virtualization bios

2. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows

virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows: Hi I'm trying to use the new WSL2 in windows 10 update 2004. Unfortunately I cannot install any linux distro or hyper-v because windows thinks my cpu does not support virtualization. Intel virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi. system specs: x299 board with intel...
  6. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but not in Windows 10 ?: Hello Im trying to use Nox player emulator, but its very slow because the Virtualization off, I enabled it on Bios, and I disabled Hyper-V, but when I check in the Task Manger (in Performance) I found it is disabled ! Any help ! 135799
  7. Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology

Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology: Please help, a. How to Enable CPU Virtualization in my Surface's BIOS (in Windows 10 Pro) - soon after I restart the computer, I cannot get in BIOS screen, please help (actually I could not successfully import "OVF" format file into virtual box) b....
  8. Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology

Enable BIOS to allow virtual technology: Please help, a. How to Enable CPU Virtualization in my Surface's BIOS (in Windows 10 Pro) - soon after I restart the computer, I cannot get in BIOS screen, please help (actually I could not successfully import "OVF" format file into virtual box) b....
  9. Virtualization enabled in bios but not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization enabled in bios but not working: Hi there, I am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??...
  10. Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization enabled in BIOS but programs not detecting it: I hope you guys can help. I was running Nox app player just fine for weeks. The other day it started running badly and reported that I should enable vt in bios. It is enabled in bios. Task Manager reports virtualization enabled under cpu. AMD virtualization util reports that...