Windows 10: Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation?

Discus and support Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 7 allowed this, but I can't figure out how in Win 10. I want Win 10 to "trust" my Galaxy S5 and automatically receive and save files sent by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kgirot58, Sep 10, 2015.

1. kgirot58 Win User

Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation?

Win 7 allowed this, but I can't figure out how in Win 10. I want Win 10 to "trust" my Galaxy S5 and automatically receive and save files sent by the phone. I send multiple files, usually photos, and having to go through all the manual steps for each picture is not working for me. I have Googled this and searched forums to no avail. Anyone know how to do this?

thanks,
    Kenny

:)

kgirot58, Sep 10, 2015

2. set bluetooth to auto accept file transfer

just up graded to windows 10, Bluetooth settings does not have the share properties like win 7 and 8.

is ther a way to set win 10 to accept and send files automatically without having to click send or receive on each file?

ColinThorogood, Sep 10, 2015
  3. garym123 Win User
    How to solve my bluetooth problem?

I would see Lenovo or reinstall the bluetooth drivers. For the PC bluetooth to receive and send it has to have that selection enabled.

I have a Win 8 laptop with broadcom bluetooth. When I right click the BT icon I get

Add a BT device

Show BT devices

send a file

Receive a file

join a personal area network

open settings

remove icon

garym123, Sep 10, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hello and welcome to the forum *Smile

Have you enabled "Allow remote devices to browse, send and receive pictures, music and other files" in your Windows Bluetooth settings?

WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  5. kgirot58 Win User
    Thanks for the welcome!

On my Bluetooth Settings dialogue, I only have tabs for Options, COM Ports, and Hardware. The "Share" tab is where that setting is and I don't have the "Share" tab. Any idea how to get it?

Thanks!

kgirot58, Sep 10, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    WhyMe, Sep 10, 2015
  7. jerdi13 Win User
    I'm in the exact same situation.

The proposed solutions do not work. (1) The Bluetooth Support Service is set to start up automatically and is running. (2) The drivers are up to date.

Bluetooth is working fine. If I click the tray icon, and then "Receive a file", I can get a file from my phone. This is extremely inefficient and annoying when in need to transfer several files.

jerdi13, Sep 11, 2015
  8. kgirot58 Win User

Thanks for the response, but that doesn't work for me. Same situation as jerdi13 above. The only way to receive files is to do each one manually. There "should" be a Share tab on the BT Settings dialogue. There isn't one for me, so could there be some "sharing" setting that is keeping it from showing up???

Here is a link to solving this problem, but requires access to the "Share" tab.
    http://thetechterminus.com/receive-a...via-bluetooth/

kgirot58, Sep 11, 2015
  9. kgirot58 Win User
    What is needed. How do I get the "Share" tab?

Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation? [​IMG]

What I have.

Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation? [​IMG]

kgirot58, Sep 11, 2015
  10. WhyMe Win User
    And you have confirmed the Bluetooth support service in Windows is set as automatic startup and is currently running?

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  11. kgirot58 Win User
    Yes, service is running and auto start.
    I'm traveling now. Will pick back up on thursday. Thx for your help.

kgirot58, Sep 11, 2015
  12. WhyMe Win User
    Stop looking on the forum when you should be socializing with those with whom you are travelling! *Biggrin

WhyMe, Sep 11, 2015
  13. kgirot58 Win User

I'm back. Five days in Memphis, took three days to recoup!

Recap: I don't have the "share" tab in Bluetooth settings. BT Service is set to automatic and is running. Any ideas on how to get the "share" tab to show up so I can get to the settings in there? I want my PC to accept files from my Galaxy S5 automatically without me having to approve each one. PC is a Dell 8500.

thanks!

kgirot58, Sep 18, 2015
  14. kgirot58 Win User
    Bump...

Recap: Trying to get my Win 10 PC to accept BT files from my phone automatically without having to authorize every file individually. Was told to change a setting in the Share tab on the BT Settings dialogue, but the Share tab does not show up. How do I get that Share tab to show?

thanks

kgirot58, Sep 22, 2015
  15. I don't have the share tab, but never found it necessary. I can transfer multiple files at once via Bluetooth from my Nexus 7 using ES File Explorer (free on Google play) to select multiple files for transfer to my Windows 10 machine using the "Receive a File" without having to confirm each file individually.

Hope this helps.

sciencegeek, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Enable Win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation? - Similar Threads - Enable receive bluetooth

2. Bluetooth problem receiving and sending files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth problem receiving and sending files: I can't send and receive files, when the dialog box comes out the next button doesn't work, I'm very new to this. I've tried several ways, from removing the Bluetooth device from the device manager, and reinstalling it but it doesn't work....
  3. How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable file delete confirmations on Windows 11: Files that you delete on Windows 11 PCs are deleted without a delete confirmation prompt. The default configuration sends the selection of files to the Recycle Bin. Users may restore accidentally deleted files from the Recycle Bin, unless it is has been emptied already...
  4. Mouse connection bluetooth without usb receiver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse connection bluetooth without usb receiver: Hi, can I connect Microsoft mouse 1737 without using usb receiver? I have only one usb port in my laptop and I need it for another device. thanks,...
  5. How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable confirm delete in File Explorer: Version 1903 (OS build 18362.535) How do I enable "confirm delete" in File Explorer? I already have it enabled in the Recycle Bin, but prefer to have it enabled in File Explorer. Thanks. 147315
  6. bluetooth received files location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth received files location?: hello, I can't find the location of the file where bluetooth is saving. windows 10, HP Pavillon Laptop, there is no option to where to save file! thank you!...
  7. How to locate a bluetooth receive file on window 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to locate a bluetooth receive file on window 10?: hi i am using a window 10 OS and i want to locate my receive file from my bluetooth connection but i am not seeing it, can you help me please? i can't find the sharefolder?...
  8. Asking for bluetooth's received files.

Asking for bluetooth's received files.: Hello, I'm Lia. I need a help to solve my problem.. I need to find my bluetooth's received files. I sent it to my Windows 10's PC, but after I received it all, I can't find a file which is my Bluetooth received files. Is there anybody can help me to solve my problem? to...
  9. Confirm latest Win 10 version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Confirm latest Win 10 version: I have been away from my home in South Africa for over a month, visiting family in the UK & Ireland. I did not have my Win10 Pro 64-bit laptop with me while I was away from home. Is this the latest version of Win 10 available? [img] 52730
  10. ?How to enable bluetooth without using mouse?

?How to enable bluetooth without using mouse?: My Win10 PC has built in bluetooth and I use it with a bluetooth mouse. I accidentally turned bluetooth off and that made it real hard to turn it on again since the mouse stopped working. Catch-22! The solution is to install a USB mouse just to turn bluetooth back on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 auto recive bluetooth files

2. repair bluetooth every time win 10

3. automatically receive files bluetooth win 10

4. bluetooth auto receive,
  5. enable win 10 to receive bluetooth files without confirmation,
  6. Bluetooth Auto receive files for Windows 10