Windows 10: Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Discus and support Enabling Bitlocker with GPO in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brubakes, Oct 17, 2017.

1. brubakes Win User

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

Once the GPO for BitLocker's settings have been configured and assigned do I still need to manually enable Bitlocker on the specific device or should the GPO kick off the process automatically?

:)

brubakes, Oct 17, 2017

2. Automatic deploy of Bitlocker

Hello everybody,

I want to deploy BitLocker for all my company laptop and make it run automatically without enabling the BitLocker manually in each laptop

I have about 400 users...

I already did the GPO and I can see the BitLocker recovery key when I manually enable a BitLocker on my device which is part of the BitLocker GPO

I don't have license for MBAM 2.5, I also have SCCM 2012

please help me...

Joseph .

Yossi vizel, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Poomba_1 Win User
    Require Sign-in option in Windows 10 is greyed out

I've tried every reg hack & GPO (local & Domain) available as well & have the same issue. I am wondering if having Bitlocker enabled is a possible common thread to all this. Who is following these threads (there are several of them). Can som of you following
    this thread confirm if they have Bitlocker enabled or not?

Poomba_1, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Enabling Bitlocker with GPO

1. Enabling Bitlocker with GPO - Similar Threads - Enabling Bitlocker GPO

2. Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO: Hi,I am trying to deploy bitlocker encryption automatically to active directory users through GPO. The users must have TPM enabled and it should be hardware based bitlocker encryption. I also don't want any pre boot authenticationbitlocker password. I only want to encrypt the...
  3. Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Encryption Through GPO: Hi,I am trying to deploy bitlocker encryption automatically to active directory users through GPO. The users must have TPM enabled and it should be hardware based bitlocker encryption. I also don't want any pre boot authenticationbitlocker password. I only want to encrypt the...
  4. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  5. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable: The issue I am having is on one of my servers, I need the NoAutoUpdate registry key to change from 1 which is disabled, to 1 which enables it. I set the control in the GPO and tried to change this and for some reason it wont let me change that registry key. Has anyone else...
  6. GPO NoAutoUpdate wont enable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO

Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO: Hi,In our organization we require users to update to the latest Windows update via group policies. Here's a picture of the set policies for reference.We do not want to force our users to upgrade to Windows 11 if they don't want to - as of yet - but because of these policies...
  8. Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enable upgrade to Windows 11 with GPO: Hi,In our organization we require users to update to the latest Windows update via group policies. Here's a picture of the set policies for reference.We do not want to force our users to upgrade to Windows 11 if they don't want to - as of yet - but because of these policies...
  9. Enable-Bitlocker -TpmProtector via GPO does not work (0x80070522)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable-Bitlocker -TpmProtector via GPO does not work (0x80070522): Hello, I am trying to automate the bitlocker in our corporate environment. I have written a script which enables the bitlocker and it works fine if I run it manually, but whenever I implement it via GPO (startup script) right after Enable-BitLocker -MountPoint C:\...
  10. Bitlocker GPO Server 2016

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker GPO Server 2016: Windows 10 - 1809 Server 2016 I have installed the latest ADMX from microsoft.com to my server 2016 "policydefinitions" folder. All settings have been enabled for bitlocker to auto-encrypt by GPO yet it does not work. This was working with previous builds of Windows...
Tags: