Windows 10: Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file

Discus and support Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A friend has a file sharing on with their box so they can play their media files on their WDTV. It's worked fine for years with 7 and 10 but in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrostyWinnipeg, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file

A friend has a file sharing on with their box so they can play their media files on their WDTV. It's worked fine for years with 7 and 10 but in the last half year it seems to be turning off randomly although still on when i go to Advanced Sharing Settings. Is there a way to make a registry file they could double click to turn it off/on without having to go into Advanced Sharing Settings?

:)

FrostyWinnipeg, Jul 11, 2017

2. Disabling and Re-enabling File History restored deleted files

Hi

I have an external USB drive I used to store Windows History files. So far so good.

At some moment, not sure why, I disabled the history automatic backup. This was around 4 or 5 months ago.

I realized just last week, and enabled the windows history automatic backup.

The thing is, everyday Windows History starts to restore zillions of deleted files from the history, just by itself.

I stopped the history backup, re-enabled, disconnected, rebooted, etc, but everytime I reconnect the drive and enable the history, starts to restore deleted files.

This completly fills up the computer drive and I have to delete manually all the restored files, but this happens again next day.

Any ideas?

Windows history it's restoring files by itself- Original Title

aleangelico, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Disabling and Re-enabling File History restored deleted files

Hi Aleangelico,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance require to help resolve your issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you create/store the backup from the external drive to another location or media and format the drive. Once done, reconfigure File History from scratch and check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file

1. Enabling/disabling file sharing with registry file - Similar Threads - Enabling disabling file

2. How to enable/disable registry tools?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable/disable registry tools?: i want to disable registry tools to prevent others from accessing registry . is there any way to disable registry tools on Windows 10 Home? and if disabled, how to enable it?...
  3. .bat file to disable and re-enable Wi-Fi sharing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat file to disable and re-enable Wi-Fi sharing?: Heya. I'm using PS4 Remote Play with my PC by connecting the PS4 directly to my PC via LAN cable, and to make that work, I have to share my WiFi connection with it. However, any time my PC is restarted, I have to go back into my adapter settings, disable wifi sharing,...
  4. Disable file sharing in teams

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Disable file sharing in teams: Hi My question is how do i disable file sharing in teams? No upload etc 150019
  5. Registry files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry files: Can anyone explain how to remove these registry files in CCLEANER ? Application path issues which keep appearing each time I boot up even after removing them ! By right clicking on each file a menu opens allowing me to open Regedit where each one is listed. The question is...
  6. Why enable file and printer sharing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why enable file and printer sharing?: Why enable file and printer sharing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/why-enable-file-and-printer-sharing/c186817e-7957-45d2-adab-aa9fa38ef923"
  7. Registry Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Files: Greetings, I would like to change the double click behaviour of .reg files in Windows 10, so that when I double click, the file opens for editing. When opening file and folder options, there is no longer a file type tab. Is there a registry hack or another settings...
  8. Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows How to Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use...
  9. Registry key for file and print sharing disabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registry key for file and print sharing disabling: Hey can anybody help me find a script or a registry key that will uncheck it or disable the file and print sharing on windows 7. I been trying to find a way to do it but i cant find anything that works... 85160
  10. Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows How to Enable or Disable SMB1 File Sharing Protocol in Windows The Server Message Block (SMB) Protocol is a network file sharing protocol, and as implemented in Microsoft Windows is known as Microsoft SMB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry disable file sharing

2. disable file sharing from register

3. sharing file registry

4. disable file sharing regitry