Windows 10: Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?

Discus and support Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to use my TV screen as a computer monitor because it works better for my setup. I have it working, but I need the keyboard from my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LittleMaple072, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?

I am trying to use my TV screen as a computer monitor because it works better for my setup. I have it working, but I need the keyboard from my laptop without the screen. my plan is to flip it into tablet mode, and lay the computer on the screen so I have access to the keyboard, but when I do, the keyboard is disabled because the PC thinks it is on my lap. I have the "Project" setting set to "Second Screen Only" and I have the laptop plugged into my TV via HDMI. The only problem is the old laptop screen is in the way of the TV, and I do not have access to another keyboard.

Any advice would help. Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop? :)

:)

LittleMaple072, Jul 12, 2018

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Can I use the laptop keyboard while in tablet mode?

Hello Michael,

You should be able to use the keyboard of your Surface laptop with Tablet mode enabled. Keyboard functionality only deactivates on devices that have detachable keyboards or 2-in-1 tablet/laptop hybrids. That being said, are you having trouble with using
    the keyboard of your Surface laptop?

If you are, we recommend running the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This tool will scan and fix your device for any issues found with your device drivers. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    • If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?

Windows !0 tablet keyboard issue

Hi Philip,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the tablet mode is enabled.

I suggest you to disable the tablet mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type setting in the search area in the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select on System option.

• Select Tablet mode in the left panel of system Windows.

• Toggle off the tablet mode.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop?

1. Enabling keyboard while in Tablet Mode on a Windows 10 Laptop? - Similar Threads - Enabling keyboard while

2. Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11: Hi. My issue is somewhat unique. I have an HP Envy 360 laptop. The hinge broke and now the screen doesn't work. I'm planning to get a new laptop at some point but for now I got a portable monitor. What I'd like to be able to do is, for the time being, basically fold the...
  3. Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Physical Keyboard in Tablet Mode Windows 11: Hi. My issue is somewhat unique. I have an HP Envy 360 laptop. The hinge broke and now the screen doesn't work. I'm planning to get a new laptop at some point but for now I got a portable monitor. What I'd like to be able to do is, for the time being, basically fold the...
  4. Tablet mode won't enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode won't enabled: Hi there, thank you in advance. I'm using an HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE, which is a 2-in-1 device, but tablet mode won't enabled when I flip my device which is the only method available in windows 11 since my keyboard is undetachable, I have updated all available windows...
  5. Is there a way to enable windows 11 tablet mode on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to enable windows 11 tablet mode on a laptop?: I know the feature is unavailable on windows 11 now, but is there a way around it? if not, is there another version of win11 that I can switch to to get the feature? Or will I HAVE to switch to windows 10?...
  6. Is there a way to enable windows 11 tablet mode on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to enable windows 11 tablet mode on a laptop?: I know the feature is unavailable on windows 11 now, but is there a way around it? if not, is there another version of win11 that I can switch to to get the feature? Or will I HAVE to switch to windows 10?...
  7. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  8. How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable the physical keyboard while in tablet mode?: I got a new monitor but now don't have enough space on my desk to use my laptop and monitor. I want to fold my laptop and only have the keyboard right side up. I have tried disabling tablet mode completely and disabling and uninstalling the Intel Integrated Sensor Solutions...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need to stop Keyboard & Mousepad while laptop using in Tablet mode: hi, My Laptop is Windows 10 RS4 1803 i want to stop automatically Keyboard Mouse while using in Tablet mode please help me on urgent basis Regards, suraj...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enabling keyboard while in tablet mode on a windows 10 laptop?

2. enable keyboard in tablet mode windows 10

3. how to use keyboard while on tablet mode

4. enable laptop keyboard whist in tablet mode