Windows 10: Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings

Discus and support Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there seems to be a conspiracy these days of making it hard to use your own subtitles with local media - of course you can always go through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Mar 12, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings

Hi there

seems to be a conspiracy these days of making it hard to use your own subtitles with local media - of course you can always go through the hassle of renaming all your subtitles to XXXX.en.srt or whatever but why should you when you've already got subtitles say in a subs subfolder of the movie.

I often use Icelandic subtitles (translate from English usually - timings are pretty accurate and if there's any delay you can shift the time offset anyway).

Well KODI have simply moved the wretched settings to the AUDIO menu -- I suppose to avoid having too many menus etc this could make some peverse sort of sense but I only found it out by accident -- went through every possible setting on every menu and there are LOADS of them.

While playing your content simply get into the audio menu.

Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings [​IMG]

(I prefer running this app on my Fire TV to VLC where the subtitle search doesn't work on the latest version).

Kodi also finds shares quickly with no hassle at all --if you are running a Linux type NAS server still choose Windows SMB shares in the file selection for playing local media and scroll down until you get your server -- works 100% every time -- you must have SAMBA up and running though on your NAS box.

I sideloaded KODI via the Apps to fire TV and installed from a phone --easy seamless. Loads of documentation on how to do this on Google.

I wish I'd started with KODI first !!!!! but we all are never too old to learn.

BTW Kodi also plays iso / Blue Ray files from HDD's and the controller (amazon one if on amazon stick) will select Menus etc. VlC on the amazon stick wont select past the menu screen !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 12, 2017

2. Subtitle support in Xbox Video for Windows Phone 8.1

Hi,

The 26th Sep update to 2.6.315.0 clearly states in the change log "SRT subtitle support for personal vídeos".

My understanding was that Xbox Video now would support external subtitles in srt format for movies not only aquired from Marketplace but vídeos I ripped from my DVDs.

Still I can't get subtitles to show. Video and audio play fine but subtitles don't; the option on the settings screen is greyed out and can't enable it.

What I've tried:

- confirmed that movie and subtitle file have the same name

- confirmed that movie file is in the Videos folder

- tried adding the language to the srt filename

- moved the movie file from SDCARD to phone memory

- tried several other movie files with diferent encoding

I'm on a Lumia 820 with Cyan.

Any ideas?

GibraltarPC, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Windows Phone 8.1 Subtitle Option

Hi,

The 26th Sep update to 2.6.315.0 clearly states in the change log "SRT subtitle support for personal vídeos".

My understanding was that Xbox Video now would support external subtitles in srt format for movies not only aquired from Marketplace but vídeos I ripped from my DVDs.

Still I can't get subtitles to show. Video and audio play fine but subtitles don't; the option on the settings screen is greyed out and can't enable it.

What I've tried:

- confirmed that movie and subtitle file have the same name

- confirmed that movie file is in the Videos folder

- tried adding the language to the srt filename

- moved the movie file from SDCARD to phone memory

- tried several other movie files with diferent encoding

I'm on a Lumia 820 with Cyan.

Any ideas?

GibraltarPC, Mar 12, 2017
Thema:

Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings

1. Enabling LOCAL subtitles from Kodi -- location moved to AUDIO settings - Similar Threads - Enabling LOCAL subtitles

2. Kodi Kodi freez. help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kodi Kodi freez. help!: Good morning, I use Shield TV with Kodi to watch documentaries I made in 4K and it has always worked well for me. I fed it even heavy stuff and it never made a Kodi move with the Shield TV. For a few days I have been feeding it 8bit HEVC files with a low bitrate, but Kodi...
  3. DisableStoreApps Enabled is inherited from Local Policy when it is explicitly set to Disabled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DisableStoreApps Enabled is inherited from Local Policy when it is explicitly set to Disabled: Greeting! I turn to the community because my IT department cannot find any solution and their only proposal is re-imaging my laptop. Which is frustrating on several levels. This might be a good challenge for the community, I have combed the internet and I cannot find any...
  4. DisableStoreApps Enabled is inherited from Local Policy when it is explicitly set to Disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisableStoreApps Enabled is inherited from Local Policy when it is explicitly set to Disabled: Greeting! I turn to the community because my IT department cannot find any solution and their only proposal is re-imaging my laptop. Which is frustrating on several levels. This might be a good challenge for the community, I have combed the internet and I cannot find any...
  5. DisableStoreApps Enabled is inherited from Local Policy when it is explicitly set to Disabled

6. Subtitles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subtitles: I just want to change the way Windows display subtitles here are two types of subtitles I want as the first one not like the second.Please anyone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subtitles/cb8a93c1-24f8-4931-87f6-fce159b59906
  7. Create subtitles from Audio in playback

Create subtitles from Audio in playback: Hi folks I've a huge TV archive including a lot of older TV series from about 1959 onwards (some of those early TV series put modern boring Celeb stuff and "Reality Shows" --sorry in today's Woke Orwellian new speak culture you have to call them now "Observational...
  8. Moving profiles from local to AD?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Moving profiles from local to AD?: Hi guys. I have some computers that need to be part of a AD domain. Some user have a lot of files, is possible to change a local profile from a local user to AD user? I don't want to setup everything again and move all his data to his new AD profile. Any tips I will...
  9. Kodi BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kodi BSOD: Hi guys got a problem. Please help. Thanks in advance! 4554
  10. Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Moving Taskbar Location on Screen in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by...