Windows 10: Enabling Lock Screen.

Discus and support Enabling Lock Screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs. All Windows 10 Home...up to date. Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EJB986, Nov 6, 2017.

1. EJB986 Win User

Enabling Lock Screen.

I have for many months tried to enable the Lock Screen on two of my PCs.
    All Windows 10 Home...up to date.
    Read and tried this tutorial:- Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 - Page 26 - Customization Tutorials
    When pressing W key and L the lock screen appears...never knew that....magic!
    Used 'regedit' to insert the file but the lock screen still doesn't appear.
    When checking the 'Localisation' link in the registry the right side entry is 'Default REG_SZ'

Is that the problem please?

:)

EJB986, Nov 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 Welcome screen

See if this helps to re-enable the Lock Screen which is the picture screen that precedes the Sign In screen you have removed along with the password. The Lock Screen shouldn't really have gone away, so I'd try one of the methods here to enable it:

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 6, 2017
  3. Lumia - Lock Screen Password

I want to enable password for my lock screen. But it doesnt work as I expected. It says that I can set a particular time that password will enable. And I did set for example one minute till the password will enable, before a minute and my screen is locked,
    I have to input the password.

and i'm wondering why the lock screen password also lock my child enable screen? The password should be enable only for my screen, not to my kid screen.

I hope, nokia or microsoft can solve this ackward. Thank you.

jarwo---01, Nov 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Enabling Lock Screen.

Just a thought.. there was also this method of disabling it.. note however the article refers to 1607, but is still referenced from the latest version of the tweaker, so I'd guess that's just not been updated..

Depends how the lock screen (from restart, log off) has been disabled.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2017
  5. EJB986 Win User
    Thanks for that, I guess you are suggesting the advice has now been overtaken by 1703?

I'll keep looking....in fact on a laptop, with the same problem, I did a system repair (keeping apps and files) and it made it worse by not even offering a slideshow. Luckily I use a good back up programme and reinstalled last months back up.

I will, in time, do a full clean install but have to build up my confidence first.*Smile

PS. After seeing so many users affected and so many possible resolutions I assume even that may not work*Confused

EJB986, Nov 6, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I mean since the tweaker will apply the tweak , and is maintained, and is reputable, it's possible he's just not updated the article.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2017
  7. EJB986 Win User
    Yes, of course, Thanks.

EJB986, Nov 6, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Enabling Lock Screen.

If you can quote the relevant key...

The other question would be how was the lock screen disabled in the first place.. or did it just happen?

You should also see the lock screen if you log off, but not when switching users.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2017
  9. EJB986 Win User
    I've had the problem on 2 PCs and a laptop although the problems are not identical.
    They started when 1607 was downloaded and went further when 1703 was downloaded.

I used 'Option 2' to download a file to edit the registry.

I then followed the path to see the 'Personalisation' value had changed....Not 'localisation' as mistyped in my last post!

Tutorial link:-
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

Enabling Lock Screen. [​IMG]

EJB986, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Enabling Lock Screen.

1. Enabling Lock Screen. - Similar Threads - Enabling Lock Screen

2. Enabling lock pages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling lock pages: I’m trying to enable lock pages in memory but when I try and run the gpedit.msc file it cannot be found. Does anyone have any ideas why? submitted by /u/maximus1218 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhfagx/enabling_lock_pages/
  3. How to enable Cortana in my lock screen

in Cortana
    How to enable Cortana in my lock screen: I've been search in internet on how to enable Cortana in my lock screen but my Cortana settings look different so I can't enable it on my lock screen. My Cortana settings look like this: [ATTACH] can anyone help me with this?...
  4. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  5. how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to enable pictures on startup--not lock screen: Windows 10--when the computer starts, there is no background with the date. How do I enable the pictures on startup--not lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-pictures-on-startup-not-lock-screen/9413b278-9a26-4789-9d5f-581fa70be93e
  6. locking/enabling cookies?

locking/enabling cookies?: If I block all cookies constant pop ups appear from sites I do not know asking to enable cookies for their site. Which is recommended to use: block cookies or allow cookies. I will never understand what cookies are nor why they are necessary. How is one to know which are ok...
  7. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425
  8. Trying to enable Lock Screen

Trying to enable Lock Screen: So, i've been trying to re-enable my lock screen as i use it at home to stop my family from accessing my private files which have some work stuff on it, and it won't enable, despite the fact i've used Regedit, control panel, and god knows what else. Is anyone else having...
  9. Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Cortana on Lock Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Cortana on your Lock Screen in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of...
  10. Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information The lock screen is the screen you see when you lock your PC (or when it locks automatically after you haven't been using it for a while). The lock screen will also show at startup, and when you are...