Windows 10: Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

Discus and support Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mateoski, May 12, 2016.

1. Mateoski Win User

Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10.

However, this isn't the same with the shutdown as every time I turn off my PC or restart my PC, there is no sound that plays.

I've customized both the startup (which works) and shutdown (which does not work) as well and enabled the Logon and Logoff sounds in the Sounds menu as well. I used the same sound for Logoff and Logon as well. For Exit Windows as well, I used the shutdown sound and I also checked Play Windows Startup sound too.

Anyone know how I can change this so I CAN hear it when I restart or turn off my PC? Minor customization options like this is what made Windows 7 and below so great, and to see this absent or hidden from Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 is rather disappointing as I feel that I am not able to customize my own computer, possibly at least without some form of a workaround.

Thank you.

:)

Mateoski, May 12, 2016

2. Disabling fast shutdown headphone is not working.

In windows 10, on disabling fast shutdown laptop speaker play sound but no sound on plugging headphone. On enabling fast shutdown and shutdown the system and start again head phone starts working.

Thanks

Shadab

ShadabJalil, May 12, 2016
  3. Microsoft must review the Fast shutdows (hybrid shutdown) in Windows 10 Takes too much time shutdown

I heve been watching forums with people who are having problems with Windows 10 fast boot/shutdown ( hybrid shutdown) and I include myself, as a reported behavior seems to be constant, the devices... laptops, desktop PCs remain in a state of shutdown,
    they are hanging on the shutdown process and takes way too much time to shutdown.

In my case, my desktop PC with Windows 10 Home 64bits and enable fast boot/shutdown (hybrid shutdown) are little faster booting up, but when you shutdown the PC its turn off the screen fast but then stays on a long time with the lights on and fans running.
    the actually shuting down takes really long time.

But when I disable boot/shutdown fast (hybrid shutdown) PC turns off completely fast

Eduardo Rojas Rodríguez, May 12, 2016
Thema:

Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

1. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown? - Similar Threads - Enabling shutdown sound

2. Enable WIndows Shutdown Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable WIndows Shutdown Sound: Is there actually a method for play sound when I shutdown my Windows 11 PC like in Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-windows-shutdown-sound/b2aedde0-a84a-4eb0-86ea-647a8ee110e1
  3. Enable WIndows Shutdown Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable WIndows Shutdown Sound: Is there actually a method for play sound when I shutdown my Windows 11 PC like in Windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-windows-shutdown-sound/b2aedde0-a84a-4eb0-86ea-647a8ee110e1
  4. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  5. My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop keep shutdown while auto shutdown is off. How to turn it off?: I already change it all to never. but everytime i left my laptop maybe in 3-4 hours, it always auto shutdown. Can somebody help?i already try command prompt "shutdown -a" and nothing changei used to download something and i left my laptop.. but this is very annoying. Please...
  6. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  7. My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on: My computer cannot shutdown with fast startup turned on.After I click the button,it just goes to the lock screen.But I can use "shutdown -s" to shutdown successfully. This has also caused other problems.For example,I can't join the Windows Insider Program.All these problems...
  8. Fast Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Shutdown: Ever since I updated my computers to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, my computers are not shutting down in fast shutdown mode. Can I turn the feature back on or is this a bug until Microsoft can update the OS with a fix? All of my computers have the UEFI BIOS. So,...
  9. Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reboots on shutdown with fast boot enabled: when ever i power or go to hibernation mode my laptop freezes on a black screen for a couple of seconds and then reboots instead of powering off. Now i read something about this issue with Enduro laptops (Dual video cards) and im indeed a enduro laptop, But i can find the...
  10. I want shutdown but NOT turn off...

in Windows 10 Support
    I want shutdown but NOT turn off...: Hello all. Wondered if anyone can help. Back in the day when you shutdown Windows it would shut down and wait patiently for you to turn the power off. Nowadays, you shutdown and the machine will turn itself off. ACPI and all that Which is great. But I have a...