Windows 10: enabling the display adjustment

Discus and support enabling the display adjustment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop windows 10. I couldn't adjust the brightness because the brightness adjustment is not working. How can I enable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ecoprew, Aug 22, 2018.

1. ecoprew Win User

enabling the display adjustment

Hi, I just bought a new Lenovo laptop windows 10. I couldn't adjust the brightness because the brightness adjustment is not working. How can I enable the brightness adjustment so I can adjust the brightness of the monitor? Please help.

Thanks a lot.

ecoprew

:)

ecoprew, Aug 22, 2018

2. Cannot adjust display brightness in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

What is the make and model of your PC?

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers
    and check if it helps you.

Refer:
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Unable to adjust brightness

Hi Prasad,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. When you state "display buttons are not working" what do you exactly mean?

2. Are you able to adjust the brightness from your monitor settings button?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.

For now, I suggest that you follow the methods stated below and check if it helps

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.

Step 2:

Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

For more information click on the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Note: Article for 8.1 also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 22, 2018
  4. enabling the display adjustment

Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

Brightness Adjustment

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

enabling the display adjustment

1. enabling the display adjustment - Similar Threads - enabling display adjustment

2. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  3. Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent brightness adjustment on external display on a notebook: Hello community,i got a notebook and have the option Settings > System > Display > Brightness & Color > "Help improve battery by optimizing the content shown and brightness"enabled. This is working as expected when using the internal notebook display.Whenever i have my...
  4. Second Display Won't Properly Adjust

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second Display Won't Properly Adjust: I'm not sure what to ask about this post. But I was reassigning ports on my 2-month tower PC and ended up messing up the display resolution on my second monitor. The second monitor is relatively old and I brought it out of storage.First monitor: 1920x1080 recommendedSecond...
  5. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?: Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens,...
  6. Display Dim, can not adjust.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Dim, can not adjust.: I have been having an issue with my display for a few days. The display has been dim and can not adjust it. I have googled it and found a few options but none work. My drivers were already updated. I went to power options - change power plan - advanced power settings -...
  7. Need help adjusting my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help adjusting my display: My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I can resize Windows 10 to use the part of my display which still works? submitted by /u/geekalert91 [link] [comments]...
  8. Enable automatic brightness adjustment 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enable automatic brightness adjustment 1909: Dear all , I can't enable this feature ,I'm using win 10 pro 1909 , these two functions are missing [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-automatic-brightness-adjustment-1909/7e0dca1d-34e1-4056-b7d0-ba0760cfabcf
  9. Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly: Hi there! Recently my display started to behave quiet unexpectedly. whenever I enter airplane mode/ connect my head phones/ enable or disable a network adapter/etc... the brightness level would change drastically. the brightness level indicator would not change but the...
  10. Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10

Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10: I got a new Acer laptop less than a week ago, and installed all of the Windows 10 updates. After that, I found I was no longer able to adjust the screen brightness using the keyboard or anything I can find in Settings. I have read some other threads about how people solved...